Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

Update time! Added: Multiple prefab editor forms can now be opened Added: Control+Left click to add a position marker that is shared between editors Added: Use up/down arrows to cycle through previous bbb commands in game You can now have multiple editors open at the same time. Watch out for RAM usage as big prefabs eat a lot of RAM. Control+left click will now add a marker to the screen that will appear in all open editors so you can use it as a reference point. In game the editor will now remember your last 30 bbb commands and you can use the up/down arrows to cycle through. Give it a test and let me know if it breaks anything. [QUOTE=Guppycur;540888]When you bbb ip something in, it says "Changes: ". ...but that seems to be the total block count, not just the changes. I was curious, if it's changing EVERY block in the prefab, or just the ones that are different than the already existing ones?[/QUOTE] I could have sworn that I responded to this but the message isn't here so... that count is of the total changes. If you do a "bbb claim test" and "bbb load test" you'll get a "no changes" message. The editor looks for any block, damage or density difference and if there is one then it imports the block. In the editor it defaults the blocks to 0 density as a default so this will be triggering it to insert each time. I've just added some code that will (hopefully) assign the default density to a prefab when saving it. So try saving and re-inserting and see if you notice a difference. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=TheForsaken;541235]You were BUSY! Nice update. Cant wait to try that out when I get home tonight. THANK YOU!!![/QUOTE] Thanks have got to go to Guppy too. He's been the one testing, putting up with broken builds and making videos to help show the bugs. Thanks Gup! [QUOTE=Guppycur;541239]Video tutorial for the new system. [url]https://youtu.be/z0_IWMDTpg8[/url] Been having fun with this, thanks again to the great one, Hal.[/QUOTE] Thanks Gup! ^^ I'll add this to the OP

The application threw the following exception System.TypeInitializationException: 'SDTDEditor.Helper' ---> System.NullReferenceException: SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.frmMain_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight) System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height) System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified) System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified) System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified) System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified) System.Windows.Forms.Form.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified) System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl) System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Scale(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl) System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformAutoScale(Boolean includedBounds, Boolean excludedBounds) System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformNeededAutoScaleOnLayout() System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayoutResuming(Boolean performLayout) System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(Boolean performLayout) SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.InitializeComponent() SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor..ctor() SDTDEditor.Helper..cctor() --- --- SDTDEditor.frmMenu.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Assuming I understand what you're saying on densities... in order to make blocks look natural against terrain blocks, I set the densities to -92 on the blocks, leaving the terrain blocks alone. Point is, if I do what I normally do, make my city in the editor, then do decorations in game, then export BACK to the editor to prepare for sharing, please allow me a checkbox to disable the auto density function.

I updated my other PC and got the error, however I was able to "Continue" through it to get to the prefab editor. I didn't try to use any functions. I went back to my game PC (where I've been testing it) and updated my version there (I had the testing one in another directory) and did NOT get the error. According tho [URL="https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568(v=vs.110).aspx"]THIS[/URL], both machines have dotnet 4.6.2 installed, so I don't know why I'm getting an error on one and not the other. This is the error I'm getting on my other machine: [code] See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.frmMain_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/hal/SDTDEditor.EXE ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/hal/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/hal/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 14.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: [/code]

[QUOTE=SevenDaysToDieModEditor;541388]I want to return to version 0.66 Can I download somewhere?[/QUOTE] Nope, I only keep final copies when moving game versions i.e. 14.5 to 14.6. Someone may have a copy in their downloads folder though. Anyone? [QUOTE=SevenDaysToDieModEditor;541385]dotnet 4.6 installed[/QUOTE] I can't reproduce the error on my system so I need more info. Was it a new install? What were you doing when it happened? What settings do you use? Which panels were visible at the time? [QUOTE=Guppycur;541416]Assuming I understand what you're saying on densities... in order to make blocks look natural against terrain blocks, I set the densities to -92 on the blocks, leaving the terrain blocks alone. Point is, if I do what I normally do, make my city in the editor, then do decorations in game, then export BACK to the editor to prepare for sharing, please allow me a checkbox to disable the auto density function.[/QUOTE] I'll set it so it will only change the density if it's at zero for a block because that's what the game will do. If you've set a custom density then it'll leave it alone. [QUOTE=Guppycur;541424]I updated my other PC and got the error, however I was able to "Continue" through it to get to the prefab editor. I didn't try to use any functions. I went back to my game PC (where I've been testing it) and updated my version there (I had the testing one in another directory) and did NOT get the error. According tho [URL="https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568(v=vs.110).aspx"]THIS[/URL], both machines have dotnet 4.6.2 installed, so I don't know why I'm getting an error on one and not the other. This is the error I'm getting on my other machine: [code] See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.frmMain_Resize(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/hal/SDTDEditor.EXE ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/hal/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/hal/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 14.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: [/code][/QUOTE] Same questions as above Gup. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;541503] I can't reproduce the error on my system so I need more info. Was it a new install? [/QUOTE] I tried both the update and the new installation. [QUOTE=HAL9000;541503] What were you doing when it happened? [/QUOTE] Immediately after executing the application (before the window starts up).I was able to "Continue" through it .But version is displayed as lblVersion. When I click Backup Manager Button.I was able to "Continue" through it .But World Is Not Displayed. When I click Prefab Editor Button.After that, press the Continue button in the error window, but the prefab editor window will not open. When I click setting Button..I was able to "Continue" through it .After that, setting window is open,I enter Location and steam id and press the OK button,However, an error occurs again and I can not confirm the input. [QUOTE=HAL9000;541503] What settings do you use? [/QUOTE] OS Windows 7 JPN

[QUOTE=SevenDaysToDieModEditor;541588]I tried both the update and the new installation. Immediately after executing the application (before the window starts up).I was able to "Continue" through it .But version is displayed as lblVersion. When I click Backup Manager Button.I was able to "Continue" through it .But World Is Not Displayed. When I click Prefab Editor Button.After that, press the Continue button in the error window, but the prefab editor window will not open. When I click setting Button..I was able to "Continue" through it .After that, setting window is open,I enter Location and steam id and press the OK button,However, an error occurs again and I can not confirm the input. OS Windows 7 JPN[/QUOTE] Thanks SevenDaysToDieModEditor. Hmm... before anything shows up at all?? Still can't reproduce it on my end but if it's before anything shows then there's only one variable it can be really so I've added some more checks around that but it doesn't make much sense. If that code was broken before it would have been erroring a long time ago. Do a manual update / grab from the OP and see if that fixes it. Cheers, Hal

Download to 66. [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz8s0r3f7w21w6d/Hal66.zip?dl=0[/url] @Hal, check your pm, feel free to log into one of my machines that it's having issues on. Dunno why my game PC works fine, theoretically it has less dependencies installed than my other machines.

Update Time! Updated: Fix for some clients crashing when opening the editor Just a fix, no new stuff. Even more thanks to Gup! Having reproducible steps for a bug is great but having access to a machine that is actually having the problem is a godsend! [QUOTE=Guppycur;541695]Well that was cool to watch... Hal's thought process in action. :)[/QUOTE] It went something like this: Duurrrrr.... it broke? Get not broke!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;541709]Update Time! Updated: Fix for some clients crashing when opening the editor Just a fix, no new stuff. Even more thanks to Gup! Having reproducible steps for a bug is great but having access to a machine that is actually having the problem is a godsend! It went something like this: Duurrrrr.... it broke? Get not broke![/QUOTE] thanks HAL9000. It's work. [QUOTE=Guppycur;541671]Download to 66. [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/zz8s0r3f7w21w6d/Hal66.zip?dl=0[/url] @Hal, check your pm, feel free to log into one of my machines that it's having issues on. Dunno why my game PC works fine, theoretically it has less dependencies installed than my other machines.[/QUOTE] thanks guppycur

Hi Hal, First, [B][U]thank you for you awesome editor[/U][/B]! I'm currently working on a large prefab (you have seen it in the past: The Spaceshuttle + large base), and I have some questions: 1. When I export my work with the 'bbb' command, it doesn't save the text on the signs I make (the signs appear, but empty / without text). Is this fixable in the editor? 2. Where can I find a video of the new [U]advanced[/U] features of the editor? (If there is any video about that?) 3. Not sure if the next problem is in the editor or in the game itself: I can only start the game in 'no EAC-mode' in 32 bit. It crashes in 64 bit. In EAC-mode it starts in 64-bit without issues. I tried different settings, restoring the original files etc. But it doesn't work. Not a huge problem because 32 bit works, but it is slightly annoying that it cashes 'out of memory' a lot of times. 4. I saw the latest A16 video on the 7d2d blog from Joel and he shows a totally new block-upgrade-path. I'm worried that the current prefabs may become useless. What do you think about that? Do you think you can make a block-conversion tool again, like you made for earlier builds? I would appreciate it very much, if you take the time to answer these questions. If you need more info, I'm more then happy to provide it offc.

1 - No, that's saved in the chunk 2 - Coming (I am doing a series, part two is [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no-cGVs9-ls"]here[/URL]) 3 - Correct, the dll is actually a cheat, so EAC will barf 4 - Me too! But luckily, Hal is part of the "team" (he's in the credits) so I'm sure he's on it already. /not hal

[QUOTE=Henk;542246]Hi Hal, First, [B][U]thank you for you awesome editor[/U][/B]! I'm currently working on a large prefab (you have seen it in the past: The Spaceshuttle + large base), and I have some questions: 1. When I export my work with the 'bbb' command, it doesn't save the text on the signs I make (the signs appear, but empty / without text). Is this fixable in the editor? 2. Where can I find a video of the new [U]advanced[/U] features of the editor? (If there is any video about that?) 3. Not sure if the next problem is in the editor or in the game itself: I can only start the game in 'no EAC-mode' in 32 bit. It crashes in 64 bit. In EAC-mode it starts in 64-bit without issues. I tried different settings, restoring the original files etc. But it doesn't work. Not a huge problem because 32 bit works, but it is slightly annoying that it cashes 'out of memory' a lot of times. 4. I saw the latest A16 video on the 7d2d blog from Joel and he shows a totally new block-upgrade-path. I'm worried that the current prefabs may become useless. What do you think about that? Do you think you can make a block-conversion tool again, like you made for earlier builds? I would appreciate it very much, if you take the time to answer these questions. If you need more info, I'm more then happy to provide it offc.[/QUOTE] Hi Henk, Yeah I remember your prefab - that thing was a beast! 1 - As Gup said, that information is stored in the chunk not the prefab so it's not currently possible to store that in a TTS file. Hopefully TFP will expand the file format's features in the future to allow it. If not I'm working on Prefabs 2.0 that will get released after gold. 2 - All the videos I know of are in the OP. If you find any more let me know and I'll add them. 3 - I only run x64 on my system so sounds like something on your end. Does it crash if you use one of the buttons in the editor to start the game? There's one on the main menu and in the prefab editor screen. 4 - I don't think the underlying structure will change, just the GUI in the game. But if the structure changes or there's lots of ID updates on blocks then Mag usually makes a list of the changes and I made a converter. Won't know till after the changes are out though. [QUOTE=Guppycur;542281] 4 - Me too! But luckily, Hal is part of the "team" (he's in the credits) so I'm sure he's on it already. [/QUOTE] Nope, not a team member. I do get to chat with some of the team though which is fun. With the converter it's Magoli that does all the hard work. He goes through and checks all the blocks, what's different and if there's a suitable replacement. I just put his stuff into a mapper that runs against the file (and that hasn't really changed since the first converter). Cheers, Hal

Archived