Will a gerator bank charge a battery bank?

ElCabong

It does im pretty sure but i always preferred to hook up my solar banks to my battery banks so they could be independent and just added more traps to that circuit the more solar panels + batteries i got. Goes Solar(up top) -> Battery Bank(usually nestled it somewhere safe) -> traps.

I think for a Generator inline with battery (never tried it tho) would go

Gene -> Switch -> Battery -> Traps

Id use a switch only so you could turn off battery charging and run solely from battery bank, but honestly id never see the point of limiting yourself like that, gas is super easy to build a big stock of anyway in more ways than one and battery banks have a lower output and are harder to come across. I only really did the solar setup above for novelty would of been easier and cheaper to of just put one more generator in instead of solar-batt-trap/light imo.

It will charge the batteries but you must turn the generator on first then turn the battery bank on or they will not charge.

If you're running on batteries and notice they're getting low, you must turn them off then turn on the generators then turn the batteries on

Once you have a generator you really don't need to do this I just wondered if it would work

It will charge the batteries but you must turn the generator on first then turn the battery bank on or they will not charge.

If you're running on batteries and notice they're getting low, you must turn them off then turn on the generators then turn the batteries on

Once you have a generator you really don't need to do this I just wondered if it would work

You don't have to ever turn your battery banks off to recharge the batteries in them with a Generator Bank. Shoot, due to a bug, it is possible to power up to 300W worth of stuff with dead batteries in a battery bank, by using another battery bank with at least 1 unit of power left in at least one battery, and a switch between them. The batteries in the bank that have a charge will never drain. I believe the bug is triggered by a server restart. If the bug ever stops working, a simple toggling of the switch between battery banks will trigger the bug again. Discovered this in A16.4, not sure if it was present in earlier versions of A16.

Archived