Experience sources A16

RagefulShrimp

It is not completely clear for me how I can gain experience and how I can't.

1) You gain experience from leveling up your skills.

2) You don't level up your skills from killing zombies by explosive weapons, incinerating weapons, traps or any other indirect methods.

3) You don't receive any experience from doing actions which usually affect experience gain for specific skill if that skill has the maximum level.

Are all the statement above true?

Does it mean you can only get experience from leveling up your skills?

2) You don't level up your skills from killing zombies by explosive weapons, incinerating weapons, traps or any other indirect methods.

3) You don't receive any experience from doing actions which usually affect experience gain for specific skill if that skill has the maximum level.

I just don’t understand your question.

I believe the intended question is: Which actions increase the Player Level (as opposed to the actions which lift specific skills).

I honestly do not know a precise answer to this. I have been much of the opinion that any and every action adds to the player level, albeit at a slower and slower pace as the player level increases.

Whether that action continues to add to player level once the associated 'skill' (eg athletics) reaches 100 is unknown to me. I think all actions still continue to contribute, so simply walking around the environment will eventually elevate a players level.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. As for A17 - we'll have to wait and see anyway.

1) Yes. At each skill level up, you get a bump to player XP.

2) Yes. Kill with guns, melee, or archery to get XP. Traps don’t count.

3) No. After you reach 100 skill, the XP will go to player level instead.

There are a few other sources of XP but there are two big ones that contribute the most

- XP from killing zombies

- XP from harvesting resources

This is all A16. You should probably expect changes with A17.

Archived