Logout delay timer for PvP

=Tattoo=

That will be really annoying imo. What exploits are you talking about? the only thing that i have seen with this is people run behind a tree and log after engaging, which is not a big deal anyway since i surround the area with spikes for when they come back.

[QUOTE=duv;143736]That will be really annoying imo. What exploits are you talking about? the only thing that i have seen with this is people run behind a tree and log after engaging, which is not a big deal anyway since i surround the area with spikes for when they come back.[/QUOTE] How can you say that's annoying? It's an MP standard. You obviously have no experience playing any pvp game in a persistent world.

So what happens if the player is a run-n-gunner (runs from one server to the next just causing havoc). Having a small log-out timer would be fine in that case. so you could at least get a sense of satisfaction killing them before they logged out never to be seen again.

A timer for logout would be a good idea for a PvP style server only. I don't see why you would need it on a PvE server. I am very against people who battle log during PvP. I never understood why people log on a PvP server just to hide from PvP by battle logging. The only problem I see is if a player loses connection legit, and now is stuck in game and dies to a zombie due to a connection error. Also, glitches like duping would have to looked in to. Disconnect and log back in and now have duplicate items. We would definitely want to avoid that.

Archived