True PVE (how to prevent raiding)

masaykh

I know that Claim Block prevent spawn of some zombies and rise a little bit blocks health.

But still, any player can come and just "open" my base,

For PVP it`s completely ok, but I would like to play on truly PVE server where you can`t be killed nor raided.

Is there is MOD that allows some sort of "Protected storage" area for every player?

Or maybe the same "protected area" as traders have?

Im a little confused cos the server I run is set to PVE mode & once the LCB is placed Nothing of the persons can be damaged, The only rule to this is digging underneath which will break items... Maybe I have understood what your asking properly ?

Your Bedroll placement prevents normal zombies from spawning but doesnt fully support Ferrals & normal spawning of zombies that kick in when your inside a normal game POI... Its suppose to but isnt 100% full proof....

LCB really only adds to block hardness & allows you to pick up items....

I was playing on some PVE only server where some good peoples just came and dug walls (1000 hp each).

so zombies is not a problem but "good' people are the problem and i`m looking for a way to host my own server which will prevent such behavior.

I was playing on some PVE only server where some good peoples just came and dug walls (1000 hp each).

so zombies is not a problem but "good' people are the problem and i`m looking for a way to host my own server which will prevent such behavior.

If I rememember correctly...There is a "PVE mode" when you launch the game in settings.

Where NO ONE can place an object or break an object unless they are friends or the person who dropped the Claim block...

That keeps them out.

Also you can hold "E" key on Doors and set a LOCK combo.

There is only 1 way & thats to dig to bedrock & build, That way Nothing but zombies can get into a base with an LCB down.. Its the way the game was intended & TBH its not brilliantly set up for PVE or PVP but it is what it is.. & if your hosting make sure you rent a server cos theres nothing worst than having joined a map & spent time building up this & that only to get a bike & find you fall through the map constantly cos a PC was never meant to run this game as a true MP online..

If you need a link my hosting server is less than a tenner a month & do free upgrades if you end up with a full server...

<property name="GameMode" value="GameModeSurvivalMP"/> MP has land protection

<property name="PlayerKillingMode" value="0"/> 0 = No Killing

<property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="2"/> 2=Full protection until claim is expired. -->

<property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/> 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken)

<property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/> 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken)

Part of the serverconfig.XML file....

Best way to play pve is to play on a pve server with whitelist and pw bro. Otherwise any idiot hacker can come on and ruin your day. If you want to play pve on a pvp server.... well, you will be raided. There are traps you can use, ways to design your base and hide your chests that are very effective, and if you want to build underground stealth base dont even bother using a claim.

<property name="GameMode" value="GameModeSurvivalMP"/> MP has land protection

<property name="PlayerKillingMode" value="0"/> 0 = No Killing

<property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="2"/> 2=Full protection until claim is expired. -->

<property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/> 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken)

<property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/> 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken)

Part of the serverconfig.XML file....

Thanks Tallon, beat me to it.

Archived