Why ?? please help only thinking QST!!

stilobit

Hello guys,

i'm android and web developer i just found this forum and i like it,

i see people here share their cool stuff i like it.

My questions:

- WHY PEOPLE TRY TO MOD GAME ?

- WHAT IS THE BENEFITS OF MODING GAMES ?

- THERE IS SOME MONEY ON MODING IT ?

- HOW YOU MAKE MONEY WITH MODING GAME ?

I hope you understand my english .

Thanks all.

- WHY PEOPLE TRY TO MOD GAME ?

7d2d (even with the current faults it has) is pretty versatile to mod no matter your learning curve.

You can do some basic edits and still change the dynamics of the game to suit your needs or you can do a full conversion.. it's really up to you.

- WHAT IS THE BENEFITS OF MODING GAMES ?

To make the game as close to your vision and possibly share it to people of what your vision is.

or to just exercise and expand your skills. Could be nothing more than just a hobby.

- THERE IS SOME MONEY ON MODING IT ?

Maybe? or Maybe not?

Maybe someone will recognize your ability and hire you?

Maybe ppl will like what you've done and "Donate" to you in hopes you continue to do what you do out of appreciation.

- HOW YOU MAKE MONEY WITH MODING GAME ?

Most ppl just link a paypal account for ppl to "Donate".

Just read the rules on modding, so you don't violate the terms set forth by TFP.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59817-TFP-Official-Modding-Forum-Policy

If you think you are breaching into a grey area on the rules, just contact TFP directly to make sure you're good to go.

Personally? I just mod to have fun. It's enjoyable to listen to ppl play your mods and read what they like or don't like about it.

or to have parts of your mod get adsorbed into other ppl mods.

dude... TIN, i was not looking for you, was just checking random posts and i saw this here... then i saw your reply and i just cant stay quiet now.

I hate you with all my heart..... just kidding, but i do.... kind of...

i mean i though i was a sick person but then i started playing "devils eden" a couple of days ago and man... you are a nasty one. thanks mate becouse after a lot of mods i have played and liked its the first time i actually feel not confident at all playing.

played dying lands a lot before but this is something else. i feel bullied. well done.

dude... TIN, i was not looking for you, was just checking random posts and i saw this here... then i saw your reply and i just cant stay quiet now.

I hate you with all my heart..... just kidding, but i do.... kind of...

i mean i though i was a sick person but then i started playing "devils eden" a couple of days ago and man... you are a nasty one. thanks mate becouse after a lot of mods i have played and liked its the first time i actually feel not confident at all playing.

played dying lands a lot before but this is something else. i feel bullied. well done.

hehe, thanks!

Yeah, those are my pet projects and still need some refinements on both and will be getting a full work through sometime in A17.. probably after I get a few full plays in A17vanilla then work out the new systems when that drops.

Just taking a bit of a break till A17.

The Dying Lands will be the first to get converted and refined.

Then it's sadist Cousin The Devils Eden will get it's full due ;)

Thanks for playing them and giving them a go!

Archived