webpermissions.xml help

G2manT

I'm trying to setup the webmap on my server and I'm having problems. Any help would be appreciated.

When I look in the webpermissions.xml I see 2 different sections-admin tokens and permissions, if I put something in the permissions section will my webmap work or do I also have to put something in the admin token section?

I believe I need something in the admintoken section also but I'm not really sure. I've added myself as an admin to the server and I can issue commands and stuff in the console while in the game but I haven't added anything into the webpermissions.xml section yet.

I think I know how to add stuff to the permissions section but not sure on the proper syntax and stuff for the token section if I need to put something there.

I'm trying to setup the webmap on my server and I'm having problems. Any help would be appreciated.

When I look in the webpermissions.xml I see 2 different sections-admin tokens and permissions, if I put something in the permissions section will my webmap work or do I also have to put something in the admin token section?

I believe I need something in the admintoken section also but I'm not really sure. I've added myself as an admin to the server and I can issue commands and stuff in the console while in the game but I haven't added anything into the webpermissions.xml section yet.

I think I know how to add stuff to the permissions section but not sure on the proper syntax and stuff for the token section if I need to put something there.

The accesstoken is only needed when serviing remote access to the WebApi.

The permissions can be set at will, has nothing to do with admiin tokens.

Not logged in users on webmap = 2000

Logged in users on webmap = 1000

Full admin = 0

And whatever perm levels you have configured in admins.xml you can use too.

Cheers

The remote access to the WebApi what would that be? So if I put the correct command into the permissions section everyone would be able to view the map? Yep I'm a newbie at this stuff. Had a server for about 3 yrs and used to use CBSM and ya didn't have to do any of this. I've since changed my server host and can't log into CBSM anymore to change anything, so I've gotta learn how to do it.

The remote access to the WebApi what would that be? So if I put the correct command into the permissions section everyone would be able to view the map? Yep I'm a newbie at this stuff. Had a server for about 3 yrs and used to use CBSM and ya didn't have to do any of this. I've since changed my server host and can't log into CBSM anymore to change anything, so I've gotta learn how to do it.

This will make the map visible to everyone. Even if not logged into webmap via steam:

<permission module="web.map" permission_level="2000" />

Cheers

- edit - forgot about the webapi access. Thats for executing remote call to and get a json encoded response and fire commands for ingame actions. Servermanagers can use it to avoid telnet use as its waaay more efficient and less stressfull for server. Maybe have a look at CSMM for an evt. replacement of CBSM :)https://csmm.catalysm.net/

Cheers

If you want a web based server manager check out https://csmm.catalysm.net its a trabillion times better than that abandonware CBSM. Catalysm, the dev, is constantly updating and adding features. You'll need to have Alloc's server fixes installed tho, since you'll need to create a webtoken. Feel free to hit me up if you need help.

I was contemplating using CSMM. Had some help from Trekkan on RAT the other day though and finally got it working. Server host was installing BadCo mod incorrectly which caused RAT not to recognize BadCo was installed.

Also with what Prisma501 posted I got my webmap working so thanks to everybody!

Archived