Compound crossbow?

Dosu Kinuta

Hello everyone, I know this may have been suggested lots of times, but isn't anyone planning to make a compound crossbow mod for this game?

Many of us are fans of The Walking Dead and I think some a compound crossbow is a "MUST HAVE" for this game. Now I know some of you may say :"If you really want it that bad, why don't you do it yourself?" or "You can suggest this to Joel" or "Wait to see if TFP add it into the game", but really?

There are lots of overhauls, new weapon mods, TONS OF MODS but come on...no modder can say :"I don't know what my next mod should be..." when I think this has been requested several times...and I don't think it would be more difficult than trying to do any new weapon mod(now I'm not saying that making new weapons is EASY, but for someone who has done this 1000 times, it should be easy).

I started a thread 1 year ago in Pimp Dreams about it. I'm crossbowman IRL and I want to try prove that compound crossbow must be in this game.

1. Crossbow was first throwing weapon and was added early than wooden bow. But compound one isn't added yet, while compound bow is already do. Why?

2. Compound bow and crossbow are using carbon arrows. No wooden arrows, no bolts. Those arrows can't be crafted and must be only in loot. It adds diversity in the game.

3. Compound crossbow is the only one throwing weapon with scope. It is substitution of sniper rifle. The only one substitution.

4. It's tritely another one model of modern weapons. Not all players want to use longbow or medieval wooden crossbow.

5. In this game player needs silent and powerful weapon.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I wrote as I can...

I will be happy to have compound crossbow in new version of game and in my favourite 6.4, but this is unfortunally impossible.

My thread, if it will be interesting for anyone.

I can offer you this model, it's Man Kung MK-XB56. Yes, it's one of my crossbows.

XB56.thumb.jpg.71ce38b183c87557e5c2384b956f15af.jpg

Maybe anyone knows where I can order mod on 6.4 version with new crossbow with scope and arrows for it? For money, of course. I know that nobody will be doing it, because I am the only one man who playing in 1.1 , 5.2 and 6.4 in 2018.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy.

I've been making my own personal mod for a while - and among other things which it has is two different crossbows, of which I can show one (if this is something what you're looking for, Dosu Kinuta) [ATTACH=CONFIG]25080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25081[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25083[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25084[/ATTACH]

It has a few "bugs" or features/non-features which might break some immersion for some: it's only one material (was too lazy to hack it into pieces in blender, so that different materials could be applied to it, since I do this just for fun and am not in any computer related job, if something takes that much time to get perfect I don't honestly bother) not to mention that blender and unity don't seem to work all that well together with my newbie skills in these programs.

Another thing is that there is no animation (so the wire seems to be loaded all the time, even after being shot), but the bolt goes back to it's place/not sticking in the hands until shot/poking you in the eye when you eat or cutting holes in your drinks etc., and as mentioned before, it's only one texture on the whole item (winter digital camo in this case, easily changed though to woodland camo for example) but it has a Preview item inside the file, so it can be assembled using 4 different parts like every other weapon - including a flashlight. And the flashlight is very bright as can be seen in the screenshot.

I wanted to have a compound bow like you, so I decided to mod one in using SDX (which I also learned somehow). The problem is always to find 3d models if you can't make one yourself so I found this free 3d model (there are only a few online)...6.jpg.995b03220132df76cd65cd383358052e.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Howdy.

I've been making my own personal mod for a while - and among other things which it has is two different crossbows, of which I can show one (if this is something what you're looking for, Dosu Kinuta) [ATTACH=CONFIG]25080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25081[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25083[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25084[/ATTACH]

It has a few "bugs" or features/non-features which might break some immersion for some: it's only one material (was too lazy to hack it into pieces in blender, so that different materials could be applied to it, since I do this just for fun and am not in any computer related job, if something takes that much time to get perfect I don't honestly bother) not to mention that blender and unity don't seem to work all that well together with my newbie skills in these programs.

Another thing is that there is no animation (so the wire seems to be loaded all the time, even after being shot), but the bolt goes back to it's place/not sticking in the hands until shot/poking you in the eye when you eat or cutting holes in your drinks etc., and as mentioned before, it's only one texture on the whole item (winter digital camo in this case, easily changed though to woodland camo for example) but it has a Preview item inside the file, so it can be assembled using 4 different parts like every other weapon - including a flashlight. And the flashlight is very bright as can be seen in the screenshot.

I wanted to have a compound bow like you, so I decided to mod one in using SDX (which I also learned somehow). The problem is always to find 3d models if you can't make one yourself so I found this free 3d model (there are only a few online)..

And another thing which this model has is a scope, which has a big dot in the middle of it, can be used to aim somewhat since the character has really shaky hands, so it doesn't stay still - but as said, can still be used.

2.jpg.2b63e098d28c1aa5e1c80b605c21e27a.jpg

3.jpg.a8c81b5969a4770cb5feec42a99f82ac.jpg

4.jpg.4d79fe499f1823239941cfb25445de21.jpg

5.jpg.f4777e0a72abf9662fdae479e21be8d8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy.

I wanted to have a compound bow like you, so I decided to mod one in using SDX (which I also learned somehow). The problem is always to find 3d models if you can't make one yourself so I found this free 3d model (there are only a few online)...[ATTACH=CONFIG]25085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25089[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Howdy.

I wanted to have a compound bow like you, so I decided to mod one in using SDX (which I also learned somehow). The problem is always to find 3d models if you can't make one yourself so I found this free 3d model (there are only a few online)..

And another thing which this model has is a scope, which has a big dot in the middle of it, can be used to aim somewhat since the character has really shaky hands, so it doesn't stay still - but as said, can still be used.

Well, that's some effort you've put in there. Do you plan to make the mod available or maybe work along with some modders to fix the crossbow?

Archived