Console Alternative:Atari VCS

jetZeds

A lot of you don't read the PC forums, so I thought I would share this here as well.

https://atarivcs.com

Atari is putting out a new console that will play Steam games as well as the old school Atari games.

This may be a great alternative to the console peeps who doesn't want to dump a lot of money in a comp rig but still wants to play the PC version.

Just want to point this out in the FAQ section.

Question: will you be able to play steam games on Atari VCS?

Answer: Yes. Linux-based games from Steam and other platforms that meet Atari VCS hardware specifications should work.

From what I read this sounds cool but it is going to come down to hardware in it on what all games from steam it will be able to play. It will be cool if 7DTD can play on it.

Oooooo that wood finish looks niiiice.

Feels like the Tech Specs in the FAQ is a little sparse but it'll be interesting to see what steam games make it for sure. Opens up a world of possibility for non-demanding pc-exclusive games and doesn't require the PC base a Steam link does.

The only way it could run 7 Days is through streaming the game though. The only way it's going to run most Steam games is via a streaming service in fact.

Some basic hardware specs for it.

The processor is a Bristol Ridge A10 with a Radeon R7 GPU

It has merely 4GB of DDR4 with 32GB eMMC for storage. So basically half the RAM of the PS4 and XB1, and a 32GB SD card for a hard drive.

Aside from that, it's got Wifi AC, Bluetooth, and USB 3.0.

It's like a Raspberry Pi with a nice CPU.

Archived