how to make trees have a % chance of seed drop

wolfbain5

If im not wrong, this is what you are searching.

"<block id="561" name="treeMountainPine13m">

<property name="Extends" value="treeMaster"/>

<property name="Material" value="treeWoodMedium"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Trees/MountainPine45mPrefab"/>

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0,-0.3,0"/>

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,19,1"/>

<property name="BigDecorationRadius" value="2"/>

<drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="70" tool_category="harvestingTools"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="treePlantedMountainPine1m" count="1"/>

<property name="ParticleOnDeath" value="treeGib_burnt"/>"

In Blocks.xml

thanks, now I know which file.

what I want to do is similar to this

<lootgroup name="tree_seed" >

<item group="treePlantedMountainPine1m" prob="0.1" /> so that it is a 1 in 10 chance of dropping

</lootgroup>

will that work?

thanks, now I know which file.

what I want to do is similar to this

<lootgroup name="tree_seed" >

<item group="treePlantedMountainPine1m" prob="0.1" /> so that it is a 1 in 10 chance of dropping

</lootgroup>

will that work?

prob="0.1"/> without a space it should work.

don't forget to make a backup copy of the blocks.xml file, in case you write something wrong and need recover your file.

Just insert into your block.xml for the trees you want to drop seeds and change the seeds name for the different trees.

<drop event="Destroy" name="treePlantedMountainPine1m" count="1" prob="#.#"/>

If you feel the need, you can change "Destroy" to "Harvest" if you want but it doesn't really matter either way.

You don't need to make a lootgroup.

this seem good for commercial and non player made wooden doors? based off of hinges and door knobs

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapBrass" count="1,5" prob="1"/> in blocks... would it work?

also adding a bit to gas pumps as they irl have a lot of brass fittings. so adding a bit to the harvest

gonna remove door knobs from zombie loot drops except on construction workers and trophies to only cheerleaders and football players.

this seem good for commercial and non player made wooden doors? based off of hinges and door knobs

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapBrass" count="1,5" prob="1"/> in blocks... would it work?

also adding a bit to gas pumps as they irl have a lot of brass fittings. so adding a bit to the harvest

gonna remove door knobs from zombie loot drops except on construction workers and trophies to only cheerleaders and football players.

Yep, You can add a harvest or a destroy on most blocks. I think all blocks but I'm not a 100% sure on that.

I also add a probability for feathers to the trees/bushes and thin out the birds nest in the biomes.. lest objects in the world the better. It's just nice to have that lil bit of overhead whenever you can get it.

You can also add both a "Harvest" and a "Destroy" property as well (you probably know that already but you never know). Use the 'Harvest' to gather as you whittle something down, 'Destroy' to get it all at the end or use as a bonus for completing the 'Harvest' task like they did in older builds of the game.

Yep, You can add a harvest or a destroy on most blocks. I think all blocks but I'm not a 100% sure on that.

I also add a probability for feathers to the trees/bushes and thin out the birds nest in the biomes.. lest objects in the world the better. It's just nice to have that lil bit of overhead whenever you can get it.

You can also add both a "Harvest" and a "Destroy" property as well (you probably know that already but you never know). Use the 'Harvest' to gather as you whittle something down, 'Destroy' to get it all at the end or use as a bonus for completing the 'Harvest' task like they did in older builds of the game.

ok, thanks, I need to change what I did to doors to destroy then, it is giving me brass on the upgraded doors, but I only want it on the final downgrade

also having problems understanding this

added this to the gas pump, but not working properly

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapBrass" count="1,2" tool_category="Disassemble"/>

ok, thanks, I need to change what I did to doors to destroy then, it is giving me brass on the upgraded doors, but I only want it on the final downgrade

also having problems understanding this

added this to the gas pump, but not working properly

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapBrass" count="1,2" tool_category="Disassemble"/>

yeah, you need to watch out for the "extends"

If I'm not mistaken, it refers to specific tools that can harvest specific things. Like your stone axe should have a line in it.

stoneaxe:

<property name="ToolCategory.Butcher" value="0.5" param1="3.5"/>
<property name="ToolCategory.harvestingTools" value="0.7" param1="1"/> <!-- value = harvest event multiplier, param1 = damage multiplier if matching harvest event present ont he block -->

wrench:

<property name="ToolCategory.[color="#FF0000"]Disassemble[/color]" value="1" param1="2"/>
<property name="ToolCategory.Butcher" value="0" param1="10"/>

thanks, got it fixed. kept accidentally dragging a character out of place in notepad.

haha happens to us all..err I mean nope! never happens too me :spy:;) jk

- - - Updated - - -

Try notepad++(free) and get the xml plugin. works wonders. or edit in VS.. or codeblocks. Helps keep things cleaner so you see mistakes easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Try notepad++(free) and get the xml plugin. works wonders. or edit in VS.. or codeblocks. Helps keep things cleaner so you see mistakes easier.

meant notepadd++ didnt know about the xml plugin

this is gonna be interesting, for A17, I am gonna do a loot mod that has zombie specific loot, and almost no loot on zeds, but beef up poi's, a bit of the garbage bags and trash cans, stuff like that.

need to figure out how to grant xp to discovering poi's for the first time per player. but have no clue how to go about that. reward exploration. and I have a poi idea, but no clue how to make em. will read up on it after a17 drops. a real bunker that is powered, with gun turrets set to players. not zeds or anything else. and infinite ammo until gotten to, which would then drop ammo equivelent to the munitions crate

Archived