Oregon/Organ Trail Gamemode Concept

AiRJacobs

I propose a new gamemode based on the popular Oregon Trail/Organ Trail games. Here are the parameters.

• The map will be Random Gen
  • The map will be more linear, with various options to customize difficulty (with permadeath being an option)
  • Players will start with a set number of Skill Points to allocate before setting off
  • The players must make it from one side of the map to the other
  • OPTIONAL: Players can have the option to start the game with a vehicle that will allow for faster travel, but have to be taken care of. In the event that this variation of the gamemode is selected, the map will also be extended.
  • The begining will be a very easy/calm forest biome
  • It will get progressively more hostile as the biomes become more dangerous
  • As the player(s) progress through the map, there will be randomly placed POIs that can be scavenged, or used as a place to stay the night.
  • Positioned even further apart and more rare will be various trader outposts along the way.
  • quests can be found along the way that will act as small mini-games to gain resources at the risk of dying.
  • The finish line will be an outpost just beyond the wasteland
  • To get into the outpost, the player(s) must first fend off an attacking horde, with 1 day to prepare defenses

The purpose of this game mode is to give players a fun, quicker paced co-op gamemode with a set "win" scenario and to give more attention to the "nomad" game style that seems to have been forgotten. I have no modding experience with this game and if anyone wants to make this game mode into a mod, be my guest. I am hoping to see something like this eventually implemented into the base game.

What do you think?

I propose a new gamemode based on the popular Oregon Trail/Organ Trail games. Here are the parameters.

• The map will be Random Gen
  • The map will be more linear, with various options to customize difficulty (with permadeath being an option)
  • Players will start with a set number of Skill Points to allocate before setting off
  • The players must make it from one side of the map to the other
  • OPTIONAL: Players can have the option to start the game with a vehicle that will allow for faster travel, but have to be taken care of. In the event that this variation of the gamemode is selected, the map will also be extended.
  • The begining will be a very easy/calm forest biome
  • It will get progressively more hostile as the biomes become more dangerous
  • As the player(s) progress through the map, there will be randomly placed POIs that can be scavenged, or used as a place to stay the night.
  • Positioned even further apart and more rare will be various trader outposts along the way.
  • quests can be found along the way that will act as small mini-games to gain resources at the risk of dying.
  • The finish line will be an outpost just beyond the wasteland
  • To get into the outpost, the player(s) must first fend off an attacking horde, with 1 day to prepare defenses

The purpose of this game mode is to give players a fun, quicker paced co-op gamemode with a set "win" scenario and to give more attention to the "nomad" game style that seems to have been forgotten. I have no modding experience with this game and if anyone wants to make this game mode into a mod, be my guest. I am hoping to see something like this eventually implemented into the base game.

What do you think?

think that this is better off in the mod forum, as it doesn't really make sense for the developers to try to turn an open world survival game, into a linear race game.

well... vehicle is a nogo...

except if you make the map a superlong rectangle... because right now you can drive about 1/2 across the map with the fuel and every car gives you enough fuel for another kilometre!

The gamemode would be tailored around vehicles if a vehicle mode was selected.

Lets simply wait for the game to come out...

I mean honestly... that gameconcept is SO far removed from the original 7d2d concept...

balancing everything around something completly new...

they even cancelled a PvP balance patch because it was just too much work :D

so yeah... maybe a mod... but no official gamemode... sorry :D 99% sure of it :D

Archived