Constant Crashing - only solved temporarily by a reboot

obsess

The game will crash in the middle of an action randomly (sometimes withing 20 minutes, sometimes 2 hours). After trying to get back into the game (single player) it will immediately crash to desktop. This can be solved sometimes by a reboot which will then start the cycle over again. I have included my last log for reference. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated!

https://pastebin.com/wPDyJnyH

I had some crashing problems that were cleared up by cleaning out my case and GPU, and moving things around to get better airflow. Meaning you could be having overheat issues. If you don't know how to clean it and improve airflow, take it to a shop and get professional help. It's pretty easy to brick your parts if you don't know what you're doing.

Decent system - 16GB Ram - Good!

Is this a mod or vanilla? Vanilla is good for 8GB, many mods I've run into so far want at least 16GB!

Not at home so - is this a dedi?

Hopefully in its own case and its own connection AND not also running on the machine you're playing on... (yes... many times its fine but there are times when that can complicate things - especially troubleshooting).

So... Has the game been fine 'before' or has this been developing over time where it 'started' at some point and then got worse and worse? In that case it could be as skullpoker's noted...

So you have dual Nvidia's but are disabling SLI to play? Or what's the story there? Possibly doesn't matter...

From your speccy - it looks like you're running a tonne of applications - you do this when playing? If so - try without soo many things open and see how it plays...

Looks like you got some updates from MS so that's good. OH!

Sylen?!? Isn't or wasn't there something with "Windows 10 Insider Preview" <- I can't remember what it was...

Video driver seems up to date as of June 5th...

So you have dual Nvidia's but are disabling SLI to play? Or what's the story there? Possibly doesn't matter..

Well, there's a couple of things with this.

At the OP, I mean no offense, but that dual-GPU setup isn't great.

SLI will only run at the speed of the 1070. Two 1070's in SLI will perform fairly closely to a 1080, and you have a 1080 Ti. Only real reason to run two cards like that is to support a butload of monitors. Based on the data, you have one.

If you had a 1070Ti, that might be different, but only in games that support SLI. (Note to Cadamier, 7DTD does not support SLI.)

With just a 1070, if the game supports SLI, and IF scaling is around 80%, it might be smidge faster than the 1080TI. We're talking maybe a grand total of 5FPS here at best, and that's in rare conditions.

Again, I mean no offense.

Insider preview is most likely the culprit. It's been wreaking havoc on games galore for a couple of weeks now. A client log from a crash would be useful though.

Well, there's a couple of things with this.

(Note to Cadamier, 7DTD does not support SLI.)

Insider preview is most likely the culprit. It's been wreaking havoc on games galore for a couple of weeks now. A client log from a crash would be useful though.

COOL! Mental note made!

AH HA!! I knew or at least I hope I wasn't going crazy yet ;p

::Waits for Op::

Archived