Some questions

DmNecrid

Hello all,me and my friend are kinda new players. So far i just click MP game and host a game and we can play and everything works but i still have some questions.

1) He is randomly crashing is this cause im hosting the game?if yes how can i solve that?

2)My friend does not have that much free time to play but i wanna play,how that affects his gameplay if i make progress in

our MP game and the days pass?What is he missing?

3)our storage and workstations are in the bedrock while our "main base" huge battlefield is in the ground to fight the

hordes/bloodmoons (we literatly hunt them) but no screamers since the day i moved the forges in the bottom for previous

space problems.if i close the forges in the bedrock and place some activated forges above in the battlefield base will this

make screamer return?

1. Probably not, but we'll need more information to troubleshoot a crash. See the sticky in the bug reporting section.
  2. As you progress, your "gamestage" increases, which results in more and tougher zombies. Whenever you and your friend play together, the gamestage will reflect your combined progress. So you are bringing up the average, while he is bringing it down.
  3. What actually matters is the amount of "heat" within the "chunk". What this means in practice is that how high or low the forges are doesn't matter. If you want screamers, put several forges or other heat sources close together in the horizontal dimensions. What probably happened was that your forges were spaced far enough apart that no chunk had enough heat to attract a screamer.

1. I would recommend checking though the sticky FAQ in the support section. Start a thread there with logs if none of the tips help, and I can take a look. It's not a bug really, so I don't recommend starting a thread in Bug Reports. (Bad Crater. :p)

2. As Crater stated, it will scale with you. When both of you are together, the gamestage will be averaged between you. If you do your hordes separately, your friend will have one based on his gamestage. You will want to be more than a chunk apart though to avoid the average.

3. In testing I have found that forges more than 50 blocks below the surface have a much smaller chance of attracting screamers. I recently tested this with placing forges 38 blocks under, and again with them 60 blocks under in the same location. It seems counter-intuitive to the way the heatmap is supposed to work.

Crater is also correct in that if you have one forge in one chunk, and another forge in a separate chunk, they will only act as if they are by themselves. You can see the chunks in the F3 overlay of the game when in dev mode.

Archived