Need help with mod

Gair

hello im some what new to modding in general. and i want to play a mod that adds new machines and tools but doesnt add new zombies because my system cant run it.. i mean i would love to play ravenhearst but i only have 8gb ram. so if someone could help me install ravenhearst minus the uma zombies or something.

thanks in advance

That's a LOT of work.

But basically the 2 files you need to edit are entityclasses.xml and entitygroups.xml. Entitygroups controls the spawning of the zombies and Entityclasses controls the stats of the zombies.

So just turning them off in entitygroups might be enough.

Notepad ++ makes things a lot easier since you can replace all identical lines at once so for example, if you have silent hill flashbacks and want to remove the nurses, hit ctrl f and search for zombieNurse. Highlight the entire line <entity name="zombieNurse" /> and hit ctrl f again. There is a replace tab. It should already have the line in the find what box if not, paste it there. Then for the replace line paste it there is well. Then comment out the line. Should look like this <!-- <entity name="zombieNurse" /> --> Select replace all and it will comment out all references to the zombie nurse. Its always good practice to comment out lines rather than deleting them in case you want to remove changes you have made. Generally modders put their stuff at the bottom of the file so if you scroll all the way to the bottom you should find the things added by them. Also back up the file first. I made the mistake of just changing the zombie name to another one and didn't realize that it also changed the group names so when the spawning xml tried to find the entity group, it couldn't.

Archived