SLI Support please :D

RaZoRNaTe

I know this has probably been asked a million times and has been answered, but i cannot find an answer or response to this question. Id love to play 4K at 60fps rather than 30fps on my single gpu. Can you confirm if you will look into it later or not at all please :)

Great work, love the game, keep it up :D

1. Not sure why you would post this in the General Support section. Pim Dreams maybe.

2. Game is in Alpha. Things like SLI and VR come later after the optimization stage of development. We are still working on core features, and have not yet reached to optimization stage.

3. Running SLI almost never doubles your FPS. That's not how SLI works. At best, you may get about a 79% increase in FPS.

4. Game isn't optimized for 4k. Hell, most games out there aren't. All but a few are made for 1080p because that's where 90% of the market is at. It may never be optimised for 4k simple because of the way a voxel world works.

Thanks for the reply!

Im new here, but i thought posting in this section might benefit those struggling to get SLI working etc. I completely understand that it is in alpha, i was just requesting about SLI support and mentioning it now might keep the idea in the developers mind while making the game. I personally find SLI an advantage! People always say the gain isn't much but i assure you most if not all my games have benefited from either increased fps, or maxing the graphics setting.

How ever, i have manage to force, or get my 2 cards to work in sli mode, and I can now play in 4K max settings at around 30-25 fps. in 1080p i get 35 fps max. With 1 card i can barely play med at 4k, so already i'm benefiting :)

I would like to see this game eventually support SLI if possible, i know a few gamers who like doing SLI for budget reasons. I was able to get a 2nd card for 1/4 of the price of a 1080GTX and still get similar performance. Any game at 1080p runs like butter compared to having 1 card. I disagree with anyone who says SLI is a waste of time and money ;) I have heard 1080 GTX isnt well in SLI, but im yet to ever consider that option lol

Yeah, I would have to disagree on SLI being a waste of time and money as well. At some point I may get another 1060 to pair with mine. It's just not a good cost/benefit ratio atm thanks to bitcoin mining.

I'm curious though, as to why there is so little difference in FPS when you go from 4k to 1080. If your rig can handle playing at 4k, you should be able to get a pretty decent frame rate at 1080.

Yeah, I would have to disagree on SLI being a waste of time and money as well. At some point I may get another 1060 to pair with mine. It's just not a good cost/benefit ratio atm thanks to bitcoin mining.

I'm curious though, as to why there is so little difference in FPS when you go from 4k to 1080. If your rig can handle playing at 4k, you should be able to get a pretty decent frame rate at 1080.

Yes, but i do think GFX cards will comeback down in price due to the fall in bitcoin etc. Who knows though lol

I also find it weird there isnt a difference either. Even if i lower settings to low for graphics, the boost isnt really there. Other games i see a massive difference though. I have even turned off and on Vsync to see a difference and there isnt. Maybe the difference will show when the game is more optimized then yes, i reckon the devs maybe have coded the game like this to make it stable enough to play on lower end cards?

Can anyone else get any higher than 30 fps on this game regardless of resolution?

I have just changed my resolution to 1680 x 1050 windowed (windowed mode was used for other resolutions) and i get a stable 35 fps with the odd times of reaching 40 fps lol So strange ^_^ Im not going any lower otherwise il need a magnifying glass to play XD

Yes, but i do think GFX cards will comeback down in price due to the fall in bitcoin etc. Who knows though lol

I also find it weird there isnt a difference either. Even if i lower settings to low for graphics, the boost isnt really there. Other games i see a massive difference though. I have even turned off and on Vsync to see a difference and there isnt. Maybe the difference will show when the game is more optimized then yes, i reckon the devs maybe have coded the game like this to make it stable enough to play on lower end cards?

Can anyone else get any higher than 30 fps on this game regardless of resolution?

SLI is not supported on ANY 1060, the header literally isn't there. Sorry

I have just changed my resolution to 1680 x 1050 windowed (windowed mode was used for other resolutions) and i get a stable 35 fps with the odd times of reaching 40 fps lol So strange ^_^ Im not going any lower otherwise il need a magnifying glass to play XD

What hardware is in your PC? Speccy, or a game log file would have the info.

SLI is not supported on ANY 1060, the header literally isn't there. Sorry

Though there isn't a bridge, you can still use MDA. It puts the performance near that of a GTX 1080 @ 1847Mhz. Whatever program you're playing with would have to support MDA for it to work though.

• 8 months later...

Did you guys tried to play around with SLI profiles? If you are lucky enough, you may find a profile from other games out there that would work for 7 Days to Die. I no longer have it but I had a SLI setup (GTX 690) a while ago and found a working profile (could be no longer the case now) for a game that's still in Alpha: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433816896

I would not count on support from TFP on that so better try to find a profile that would work. Try profiles for other Unity games out there since it's the engine of 7D2D or profiles known to improve performance with Unity games.

Archived