NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an objec

Kevin1000

I just got this error message after i tried to add hornets back in to the game from alpha 15.1 to alpha 16.4

i copied and pasted everything to do with hornets from spawning, sounds, loot, misc, entityclasses and entitygroups.

im pretty sure i copy and pasted correctly and in to the correct places but i got this message still. need a fix please

I just got this error message after i tried to add hornets back in to the game from alpha 15.1 to alpha 16.4

i copied and pasted everything to do with hornets from spawning, sounds, loot, misc, entityclasses and entitygroups.

im pretty sure i copy and pasted correctly and in to the correct places but i got this message still. need a fix please

Logs?

hi so i am getting this: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I only get this when i try to spawn a hornet in to my alpha 16.4 game. I took all the files i could find for the hornet from alpha 15.1 game files and pasted them in to my alpha 16.4 files in the correct places. For me in my case this error is to do with the hornet text in the Items document. see bellow. i have two id82 because they decided to take the hornet out of the game and only in this file they reused id82 for another zombie.

<item id="82" name="stingHornet">

<property name="IsDeveloper" value="true" />

<property name="Material" value="organic" />

<property name="Canhold" value="false" />

<property name="HoldType" value="28" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="Candrop" value="false" />

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="Melee" />

<property name="Delay" value="2.0" />

<property name="Range" value="2.8" />

<property name="Sphere" value="0.4" />

<property name="Block_range" value="2.5" />

<property name="DamageEntity" value="15" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="5" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="swoosh" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="82" name="handZombieStrong">

<property name="Extends" value="handMaster"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

<property class="Action0">

<property name="DamageEntity" value="20"/>

<property name="DamageBlock" value="2"/>

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,infection,stunned"/>

<property name="Buff_chance" value="0.2,0.2,0.4"/>

</property>

</item>

Previous to this error it was saying that "name: stingHornet" doesnt exist and i also had problems with the "hand" - the hornets attack.

I really hope someone can help me fix this problem because i have edited a few files (see below) to make the game so much better.

Working oven - done

toilets give murkey water - done

Sinks give clean water when clicked on with empty jar - done

Start with bottle water, canCilli, huntingKnife, torch, landClaimBlock on SP and MP- done

No radiation damage - done

All help will be greatly apreciated thanks

<SNIP>

i have two id82 because they decided to take the hornet out of the game and only in this file they reused id82 for another zombie.

All help will be greatly apreciated thanks

Mod section

This is exactly why you're getting the error.

Maybe you should look at "Darkeness Falls: They mostly come out at night" mod for 'help' since that mod has hornets and wasps or some other type of flying insect. I think Starvation may have them too... I think...

Hi Cadamier, sorry im real new to this but i managed to edit files as above for sinks toilets ect so really would like to keep them plus get hornets back. so where do i find the mod section and the darkeness falls section ? thanks for your help

Archived