How do YOU survive Horde Nights?

EzunaAranna

Lol, I hear ya on the "marriage ruiner" remark. This game has sucked hundreds of hours from my life as well.

My 1st playthrough, I also played with the "zombies never run" option. However I found once I was used to the game (once I knew kinda what the hell I was doing), the game became pretty easy. I moved to the default mode although I do like "drop only backpack, 18 hr days, & I put the game on scavenger but bump the spawns up to Max. This I feel is realistic as the melee combat is a little "wonky", and of course this is a main focus of the game, at least early on. The zombies should die fairly easy.....as they are zombies after all!

I just fix prefabs myself, don't really get too creative with my builds. I have tried the underground base too but this was also too easy & to be honest, a little boring. Plus look at all the experience that is wasted!!

Just if you play on Xbox, be careful fixing up prefabs! I hear this doesn't work too well with the rampant md5's.

Anyway good luck to ya fellow survivor!!

If you want to survive for any decent amount of time, you're going to want to build your own base or at least heavily modify a poi. For the first blood moon or two, I usually find a cabin somewhere with a loft. Reinforce the doors, build a ladder and knock out the bottom rung. You can camp up top and survive. After that, it's all building. I don't like to get crazy at night until I've surrounded my base with a layer of iron bars jutting out from the top. This keeps the spiders out and works well until the cops start showing up. After that happens, it's all about having upgraded walls and a place to fall back to. That's typically how I do it, anyway.

Also, it doesn't have to be a marriage destroyer. Just invite her to play in your game in split screen. When she inevitably drives your one and only mini bike into the irradiated zone, dies and strands it there, don't stress. Just set up a bedroll close by and slowly work it back, losing all of your wellness in the process. It's just the cost of a happy home!

Not that it's happened to me, though. She does great when she comes into my game! I didn't go from 120 all the way down to 70 or anything! *sobs*

Just take the strip joint or tool shop roof top. Add the rusty bars and place them flat on the edges of the roof edge so spiders can't get up. Pretty much golden then. Maybe some minor repairs of adding pillars inside when they smash the place up a bit. Strip club has the ladder on top of the dumpster so they don't climb that. But incase just build a jail cell door room which ladder leads to.

Archived