How to have less grass?

Merida

The grass option in the menu is only for view distance. But how can I alter the density to have less grass overall.

Is there a settings in one of the xml files? Can someone point me in the right direction?

This may help with performance at the same time also.

Thank you!

The grass option in the menu is only for view distance. But how can I alter the density to have less grass overall.

Is there a settings in one of the xml files? Can someone point me in the right direction?

This may help with performance at the same time also.

Thank you!

biomes.xml

examples to look for:

<decoration type="block" blockname="treePlainsGrassDiagonal" prob="###" rotatemax="4"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="treeForestGrassDiagonal" prob="###" rotatemax="4"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="treeGreenBrownGrassDiagonal" prob="###" rotatemax="4"/>

lower the prob="" value, maybe start with cutting it in half from the vanilla value.

So if the prob="0.5" change to "0.25" and keep cutting till you find what you like.

There's more then just these three but you will need to find them in each biome type.

TYVM

I used Notepad++ and searched "GrassDiagonal" and I cut the probability down by 75%. It made a world of difference. I like it better now and I can actually see chickens and rabbits easier too.

Yeah, there's a lot you can do with biome decorating that increase the render speeds depending on how deep you want to go :)

Trees sizes are another.

Forest: trim down the 17m maple tress and increase to smaller ones (you don't really need to worry about the pine trees though, because of the lack of foliage on them).

If done right, you can actually get more trees in the game with little to no noticeable impact, plus make the forest areas fuller.

For some reason the game doesn't like render vertical prefabs as fast horizontal. So making things shorter will speed it up as well.

Archived