7 days to die for the console problems

Ocreptile

I love 7 days to die and that it is on console with split screen. And Me and many of my friends have enjoyed playing on it for actual Days if you add it all up, but with such time problems have appeared which have hurt the experiance. The latest problem which has caused me to take a break out of fustration. Moving our base from a jims car lot to a bunker 20 mins east since the car lot could not support us defensively so the bunker was set up and days and I MEAN DAYS of materials were put in a storage crate for crafting and a day later the game crashed kicking everyone from the LAN game and when it was loaded back up the bunker was reset with us still in it...everything was gone and we tried to find it. But no luck. This has happened to backpacks falling through the world and minor storage chests but never wiping all progress like it did. I do follow 7 days to die and its progress and CANT WAIT for the gryocopter and cars but if im going to spend days to get that and the game crash and i lose it...its pointless. I know the game being a vloxel game may have struggles and thats fine but does anyone have any ideas to fix these problems or can the team work on a bug fix.

you were just the latest victim of the dreaded MD5 crash. all of us have been the receipts of this boogyman. there are a few things you can do to minimize or even avoid this.

1: avoid building your base in or near a POI. try to be no closer than 100m of any pre-existing structure and build your base from scratch. POIs make good temp bases, but as permanent bases, they are really more trouble than they are worth.

2: after a crash, go to "manage game" and delete the local save file. be careful that you delete the save file only as deletine the reserve file could break your game. this only needs to be done on the host console.

3: load a save other than the one you were playing at the time of the crash. i am not sure why this works, but my wife and i are on day 132 nith zero data loss. i use a creative mode test game as my buffer since any data loss in that one would be meaningless, but i have yet to lose any data on that one, as well. all we ever lose on our game after a crash is 2 - 15 minutes of play time which means re doing any work we had done in the few minutes before the crash. a small price to pay if it means we don't lose everything to a MD5.

i hope this helps you in your adventure and keeps the game enjoyable for you and your friends. good luck.

This link takes you to the sticky thread about the MD5 error - it explains what's happening and what they are doing about it. There is also a link to a workaround (as per Thelek's point 2). This tells you what you need to do but if you go down that route, you need to be fast and you need to follow the steps.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting-(MD5-Issue)

you were just the latest victim of the dreaded MD5 crash. all of us have been the receipts of this boogyman. there are a few things you can do to minimize or even avoid this.

No not all of us, ps4 doesn't have this problem if it does only very few ps4 players has had it happened to them. But it is mostly due to the way ps4 does it saves vs how Xbox does saves.

I knew a guy who owned the game on both. We played split-screen all summer last year on XBOX and ended up giving up on it. It wasn't the constant crashing, it was the lost bases and basically an inability to make any real progress because of that.

So then I bought him the game on PS4 for his birthday and I don't think I saw him crash once after that, although I was playing on PC by then and we didn't do months of split-screen to compare. But it did seem like a much more stable experience due to the different console. If you don't have a PC that can run the game, definitely get it for PS4 over XBOX

Thelek you forgot #4 get a ps4

i used to love the Play Station a long time ago. i think i even have a couple PS1s & PS2s floating around here somewhere. but the PS3 killed that love. ig t never had any good games available while the XB360 had tons of games i loved. i even have a couple 360s that i still use from time to time. from what i have seen, the PS4 isn't much better with available games. another issue i have with the PS4 is the way Sony has treated the modding community in games like Skyrim, Fallout4, Farm sim 17, and others. so until Sony starts getting some better gams and treats modders better, i will stick to the Xbox. especially since Microsoft has introduced cross platform compatibility.

i used to love the Play Station a long time ago. i think i even have a couple PS1s & PS2s floating around here somewhere. but the PS3 killed that love. ig t never had any good games available while the XB360 had tons of games i loved. i even have a couple 360s that i still use from time to time. from what i have seen, the PS4 isn't much better with available games. another issue i have with the PS4 is the way Sony has treated the modding community in games like Skyrim, Fallout4, Farm sim 17, and others. so until Sony starts getting some better gams and treats modders better, i will stick to the Xbox. especially since Microsoft has introduced cross platform compatibility.

same here, was definitely a PS player until I went to a friends and tried Xbox live, the PSN didn't come close. I left his house and went straight out to buy an Xbox. the girlfriend is a streamer so we have both consoles (and PC of course) but mostly only use the PS for exclusives, any MP is done on the Xbox (or PC). loving the cross platform and backwards compatibility too.

The funny thing is sony has been doing cross platform with several games for awhile just not with Xbox or windows. They have several games that play with steam, mac, linux and such. I personally play everything I have no preference of what is better and what isn't but will say I have not touched my Xbox in over a year. I played on my ps4 for a good while but here lately been playing on pc. Anyway everyone has what they like and don't but Sony has been allowing cross play for awhile now.

im on xbox i agree about getting a ps4. you can't backup xbox saves.

out of the hundreds of games we have, this is the only one that deletes our game saves. somehow I don't see that as an Xbox or Microsoft problem.

saying that Xbox doesn't allow you to back up your saves is a little misleading, most games I own have multiple save slots that are backed up to the cloud regularly and automatically. we can make backups of our Minecraft worlds and realms, they just have to be stored on our systems and/or the cloud. so the option is there, the game developer just has to add the option.

personally, I refuse to buy another copy for the PS, that would just reward IG for THEIR failure.

actually, there a number of ways to make backups of your saves on XB1. first, there is the automatic backup to the cloud. then, you can make a backup to an external herd drive (i have a 2tb). and lastly, you can baclup saves to a flash drive.

i have a couple of PCs, but i dont use the much anymore since my eyesight has been going. the screens are too small and it is too much of a pain to hook them to the tv. at this point, if it wasn't for the XB1 ease of access options, i wouldn't be playing on console, either.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived