Server Help: VM question

kack8457

Just purchase my own server Hardware. I'm interested in making a virtual machine (VM) to host a game server. Does anyone have any knowledge on this or how much I should allocate for the server. I'll probably run a few mods and mostly vanilla stats. Maybe cap the PVE server at about 15 people. Any help or point me in the right direction would be awesome thank you.

Just purchase my own server Hardware. I'm interested in making a virtual machine (VM) to host a game server. Does anyone have any knowledge on this or how much I should allocate for the server. I'll probably run a few mods and mostly vanilla stats. Maybe cap the PVE server at about 15 people. Any help or point me in the right direction would be awesome thank you.

What are your specs for the server? I have an older rack server, 2 hex core xenons 2.8ghz, 144gb ram, 16tb of hdd and run windows server 2016 as the host os. I have 2 linux vm's and a win 10 vm running on it. The one linux is hosting a test server for rwg edits and my botman bots. The other linux vm is hosting my reg vanilla servers and I have the windows vm for modded servers like ravenhearst or starvation and for other game servers like Mechwarrior 4 Mercs.

Archived