CRASHES, why the difference?

Thelek

i recently made a startling discovery. when i play 7D2D with my wife in a private online game, we crash about every 90 minutes almost like clockwork. but when i play my local solo game, i have gone over 6 hours and never less than 4 hours without a crash. why the difference? is this something that could help the Devs get a handle why the game crashes? the only differences in the 2 games are the type of game (online private vs local) and the seed (refuge vs snow leopard).

i recently made a startling discovery. when i play 7D2D with my wife in a private online game, we crash about every 90 minutes almost like clockwork. but when i play my local solo game, i have gone over 6 hours and never less than 4 hours without a crash. why the difference? is this something that could help the Devs get a handle why the game crashes? the only differences in the 2 games are the type of game (online private vs local) and the seed (refuge vs snow leopard).

90% of the issues are cleared up by cleaning out your system Cache. Give that a try.

oh, i have figured out how to avoid data loss due to a MD5 crash. my game with my wife is on day 111 with no data loss. and yes it is on XB1. i clear cashe every day. i was just wondering why the game crashes so much more often in multi player than solo.

we each have our own bases we are building abou 2k apart.

That's why. I noticed this when I was playing with a friend. She was hanging in my base while I went for an air drop run. My base was still loaded in when I was too far out for it to be. I think what happens is the game loads all the information for both players on the host's system essentially making the system double the work it has to do to run the game. At least, if your not in the same area. If your in the same area, theoritically, it shouldn't have to double up on the calculations. But if you are away from each other, the system has to run the calculations for both players. Since the game is already at its limits for one player, then doubling the calculations would inevitably be to much for the system and cause your crashes.

That's why. I noticed this when I was playing with a friend. She was hanging in my base while I went for an air drop run. My base was still loaded in when I was too far out for it to be. I think what happens is the game loads all the information for both players on the host's system essentially making the system double the work it has to do to run the game. At least, if your not in the same area. If your in the same area, theoritically, it shouldn't have to double up on the calculations. But if you are away from each other, the system has to run the calculations for both players. Since the game is already at its limits for one player, then doubling the calculations would inevitably be to much for the system and cause your crashes.

actually, i have noticed that distance doesn't make much difference. we have had our worse crashes when standing right next to each other.

actually, i have noticed that distance doesn't make much difference. we have had our worse crashes when standing right next to each other.

Well then my theory is off and the game calculates double regardless of distance. Either way, the extra work is why multiplayer crashes more often than single player.

Well then my theory is off and the game calculates double regardless of distance. Either way, the extra work is why multiplayer crashes more often than single player.

I think it's more an issue of memory than calculation time. I observed that if you stay together (in Splitscreen) you get less lag, because the console can relay on the same mapdata for calculations...

Archived