Harvest and repair

Khulkhuum

Hi all,

Recently i noticed an interesting "cheat" that one can perform when harvesting various blocks, furniture, etc.

I particularly experienced it with a toilet, where using a wrench to dismantle it got me 2 iron pipes with some iron. Then i repaired it by mistake (as it wasn't completely harvested) to use only 1 iron pipe for it... This brings up the possibility of harvesting special materials indefinitely from various things, with the quality of the tool slowly degrading, but gaining so much more. Assumption here is that you have a good tool and skills to gain more items, at the same time not destroying the harvestable in one hit.

I am sure this will be patched at some point or revisited, but with this example there are surely other things you can cheat on to get more items, not only simple resources like rocks, wood or iron. How are your experiences with that?

Hi all,

Recently i noticed an interesting "cheat" that one can perform when harvesting various blocks, furniture, etc.

I particularly experienced it with a toilet, where using a wrench to dismantle it got me 2 iron pipes with some iron. Then i repaired it by mistake (as it wasn't completely harvested) to use only 1 iron pipe for it... This brings up the possibility of harvesting special materials indefinitely from various things, with the quality of the tool slowly degrading, but gaining so much more. Assumption here is that you have a good tool and skills to gain more items, at the same time not destroying the harvestable in one hit.

I am sure this will be patched at some point or revisited, but with this example there are surely other things you can cheat on to get more items, not only simple resources like rocks, wood or iron. How are your experiences with that?

Did you receive two more short iron pipes after repairing the toilet with 1?

Very interesting, but not surprising. With skills, high level tools, you do get more resources when harvesting by design.

I very quickly tried this out and yeah, works pretty well with toilet. Free resources! Though it's probably faster just mining iron and smelting down to be honest.

Other items like workbenches, lights, didn't fare as well. While I could repair, I didn't get enough of the same resource needed to repair consistently, maybe as there's more materials needed for the repairs compared to the toilet.

/V -

Try placing a campfire against a wall. 8 stone to make, and more often than not it will fall and turn into destroyed stone... Got a cement mixer and forge? Turn all that sand and small stone into Stone, then place and harvest it. Did you just turn campfires and wood into iron? Yes. Yes, you did.

Did you also make wood logs and chop them up? Well then son, you figured out how to get infinite iron from 4 wood, 8 stone, and a couple crafting stations. #alchemy

Archived