If Melee combat System ever get a major update, how would you like it overhaul?

knighthonor

If Melee combat System ever get a major update, how would you like it overhaul?

I don't want it to the extent of Dark Souls, but would be cool to have main hand and off hand melee/ defense options with the ability to block and parry.

Would like more stats for Melee weapons. Like Axe should get some benefit from bladed weapon skill.

Directional melee ability attacks like Elder Scrolls Oblivion had would be nice as well.

Would like a few new zombies that had heavy resistance against ranged weapons but were vulnerable level up close from melee weapons. like a Zombie T'challa Black Panther. Lol

1. I would like to see more bladed weapons. Much like the club graduates into 4 different clubs, it would be neat to have a bladed equivalents. Having a sword would be great and it would be on par damage wise with the spiked club.

2. I would like to see some sort of polearm weapon. The downside could be speed, but to be able to poke them outside of the melee range would be nice.

3. Sort of melee related, I would like to see a type of throwing spear. Relatively short range, but on a successful hit, the spear would slow their movement or just stop them (like barbed wire) until they “break” the spear.

4. Some way to enhance your punching. Maybe basic fists, then brass knuckles, then glass embedded hand wraps, and finally spiked gloves. Close range, fast, low stamina.

5. Zombies with different attack ranges. Maybe the taller zombies can hit from further away.

Archived