Suggestions please.

Tecticles

I have recently started 7D2D, loving the game so far. Started one game died twelve times in the first fifteen days, then decided to start new once I died again. Day 31 while going to pick up some airdrops that dropped early in the game( I mark them with an X on the map when they drop in case I dont get to them before I logoff), when I was ill prepared for dogs. Short story Minibike found a mine between the two crates. Since that game I have been playing what I call survival, if you die you end the game and delete it.

The most recent game I have started I found a crossroads with a gas station, Days End Suites and a house. In the first two days I traveled 20km looking for a more suitable POI, but this seemed the best place to begin. The map I am on has a lot of lakes, and in the area I am in is the border of plains and desert.

My current situation is I'm using the attic of the house as my "home", while during the day I am digging sand and clay for adobe, reinforcing the Days End Suites for a better home. I know zombies spawn at POI's, but days 4 and 5 it seemed the zombies were spawning in the pool of the motel or at least very near it. Is there a way to keep them from spawning inside my construct? I read somewhere on here placing torches would keep them away, but I think that post was from mid 2016. Can anyone verify torches will keep the spawn far enough away that I could fortify the area or should I just move on to a different place after I survive the first blood moon?

Can't add a sig but I am Tec1347 on PSN.

No, you cannot reliably prevent spawns in a POI. That's why it's not recommended to use them for anything other than a temporary base.

Your bedroll may provide some protections, but it is limited to a 14 block "circle".

Torches will not keep Z's away. The only thing torches ever did to Z's was slow them down way back in PC Alpha builds long before the console version was even imagined. (Oh, torches can set them afire. That's something they can do. But only if you wield the torch. Not by sticking it on a wall.)

No, you cannot reliably prevent spawns in a POI. That's why it's not recommended to use them for anything other than a temporary base.

Your bedroll may provide some protections, but it is limited to a 14 block "circle".

Torches will not keep Z's away. The only thing torches ever did to Z's was slow them down way back in PC Alpha builds long before the console version was even imagined. (Oh, torches can set them afire. That's something they can do. But only if you wield the torch. Not by sticking it on a wall.)

That is good news, so once I move the bedroll across the street, after the remodeling is done that will curb that. About the 14 block circle, is it a 14 block diameter or 14 block radius?

I haven't tested this on the console recently, so cannot be certain which it is. I want to say radius though.

Radius would seem about right - I made a base in a 28x28 block square and never had zombies spawning on my lawn.

Thank you folks. I will use this.

I have another question and rather than starting a new thread figured I would just ask here. I've been reading the 7D2D wiki quite a bit, and I know the pc version gets more love because its easier to change things a little at a time and release a patch. Is there a resource out there just for what we have on console? Buildings, tools, and the like? Also What other crafting stations can be wrenched down and go into your inventory, I know you can get a work bench and chemistry station. I haven't tried to wrench a forge yet, because usually i can build the bellows and forge itself faster than I can find a wrench.

The only guaranteed way to prevent zeds from spawning in your camp/house/etc is to dig.... I always make my main place for building, crafting, etc is at bedrock... I've never heard a player, PC or console talk about a spawn at bedrock... It can be a pain and as long as you support your spot like an above ground structure, no worries on collapse...

Archived