Are console specs powerful enough for the new Zombie/NPC update?

knighthonor

I have high hopes that when Unity is updated on the console to a version with similar optimization to what they are coding for on the un-released PC version that Yes, the console will get it.

In it's current state though, it is not likely because of the way the current version of Unity on the console handles UMA and textures.

Also, Skyler? Really? LOL

I have high hopes that when Unity is updated on the console to a version with similar optimization to what they are coding for on the un-released PC version that Yes, the console will get it.

In it's current state though, it is not likely because of the way the current version of Unity on the console handles UMA and textures.

Also, Skyler? Really? LOL

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Zinger of the day

Personally, I'd rather see distant POI's get added to consoles first before anything else. I know it'll be a challenging feat to overcome, but since distant terrain works perfectly fine on consoles, I can only assume distant POI's would too.

The reason I say that is because I remember Joel saying on one of his videos that they used the same distant terrain technology to render in the buildings a while back. But who knows? We can only hope. Either way, to me, it just makes the most sense to add in distant POI's first because that'll actually improve the game by a country mile.

Archived