How to get 240 minutes 24 hour day

He is lost again

Multiplayer and single player have time limited to 120 minutes per day. Server administrators can increase it to around 180 min per day and also shorten the night. After 180 per day the servers can have some issues with those higher settings so I've never gone beyond 180.

I have mine set to 120 minutes for one day/night cycle and it works flawlessly. Never tried going higher, but 240? Four hours real time for one day/night cycle? Interesting - very long days, but also long nights, and very long 7 day hordes? I may play with this a bit and see how it goes. We like having more time to do stuff before it gets dark, and before the next 7 day horde is upon us.

I noticed that one of my games had the time option as 240 minutes for the 24 hour day. How do I get that option back? Will it be available in version 17?

Easiest way to change it is by going into the registry and finding the registry key.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die]

Then modify the "DayNightLength", under the "Decimal" selection pick box, value to 240 or 360.

I'm running my games with the 360 value and it runs just fine for me. I doubt if it will be available in version 17.xx as the choice for 240 minute days was originally available in the games modded selection choices prior to being removed in version 14.xx.

For the Linux crowd: Linux doesn't have a registry, and IIRC these are kept in ~/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/prefs. It's been a few versions since I tried this, but you can set it to values the in-game gui does not allow.

I can confirm that this still works, and you can set it to settings not available in the client interface. I think the client limits days to 120 minutes, but you can edit the prefs file and set it to 240, and it works.

Does Windows really require you to use the registry? Instead of a simple config file?

I can confirm that this still works, and you can set it to settings not available in the client interface. I think the client limits days to 120 minutes, but you can edit the prefs file and set it to 240, and it works.

Does Windows really require you to use the registry? Instead of a simple config file?

There is a config file you can edit, but it's a bit tricky with a hex editor. Reg edit is easier.

Archived