Query: Has anyone already written an xslt for reading 7d xmls?

dreamdancer

Kinda looking to do some mass/repeatable modifications to xmls, and wondering if anyone has already written an effective xslt for importing the files into a spreadsheet and back out again for Excel or OpenOffice. I will do it myself if no one has done so yet, but tbh I am a little clueless when it comes to spreadsheets and if someone else has already done so it would be easier to not reinvent the wheel. My genius coder housemate is suggesting I just write a PerlScript but that would require actually learning Perl. Lol.

Functionally the same as this:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?56533-Gamestage-Blood-Moon-Horde-generator

only more generalized. Having a bunch of properties all spread out in tables so one can go through and play with values without scrolling around through the xml. Shrug. I've ended up doing a lot of what I'd been planning to use it for by hand, but the ability to slurp up all the properties in an xml and have them all in front of you in a handy spreadsheet feels really useful. Idk.

depends which xmls you are looking at.

blocks and items etc are easy because they use dynamic properties exclusively, which means it has a fixed format (name, value, param1, param2 || class with sub properties). Other files are a real maze and dont have a structure capable of being coded in a spreadsheet (xui stuff for example)

Archived