On Screen Indicators and the HUD

Roland

On Screen Indicators and the HUD  

53 members have voted

1. 1. On Screen Indicators and the HUD

• The way the HUD currently works is fine and no dev time should be devoted to it.
    • The Basics (Defined in OP) should always be on the main screen for easy reference at all times.
    • Same as Option 2 except the Compass, Time, and Date shouldn't appear until those items are possessed
    • Temperature should be moved to the Basics and should always be on the main screen.
    • The Extras (Defined in OP) would be better without the Block HP and Upgrade/Downgrade arrow.
    • The Basics should all be removed and players should rely only on The Extras and in-game cues
    • The Basics and The Extras should all be removed and players should rely only on in-game cues.
    • I am excited about the new XP bar for Alpha 17
    • I am against the new XP bar for Alpha 17
    • Other (Explain Below)

Honestly the poll isnt very well setup, its not a situation of being a "critic".

( A poll is a tool, not a painting, its simply good or not by how well it works )

You need to separate and make clear the choices, and you are lumping things together and making it confusing.

The way he suggested is much more clear and will give a more accurate result.

You essentially want to know, do you like it as is and feel no changes need to be made?

IF changes need to be made, which ones?

If you need to make a single poll for the "always on" elements like HP/Stamina/Tool bar, and then another for the situational things like Block Health/Upgrade/Downgrade it would be more clear and accurate.

Hmmph. If you're going to bump a nearly year old thread, at least bump the cool one.

On Screen Indicators and the HUD Part II

ideal setup (in my opinion) as i stated allready in the diary

8D4010D232547EE01D092EF5A9E4F4AE56359663

Left Red = health bar

Right Brown = food Bar

Center Blue to Red = world Temperature and maybe core temperature (Wandering dots on the scale)

The blues can be placed both ways but i would say Left = Stamina (so next to health) and right = Water (so next to Food)

And the time should be changed as on the Picture

XP bar is useless, its Arcade Clutter that dont fit to the game in my opinion

btw: i voted 2, 4 and 9

I am not saying I could do it better.

But to be honest, imo this HUD looks super ugly and amateuristic.

Also, if I would see this for the first time I won't get at all what is going on.

PS: I love the EXP bar. ;-)

Archived