Map error. How to fix that ?

thomtree

Hey,

have sometimes map errors on our server.

like this:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/264966575810891108/C663CCA6F92BFEBB0E8703839F1268C5DFF7BDAD/

or this:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/264966575810890404/010792A48F699FF26FC023ED636C005F3139469D/

we make a big whole and try to dig this away but it not works.

someone know a way ?

@Alloc , saw this bug in a newly restarted 14.7 server too (Builders Heaven) So it doesnt seem to be gone.

@thomtree this bug happens to me often when digging big chunks out, mostly in desert biome but also somewhere else. You can get rid of it when you follow the bug to its source and place some blocks on the damaged "air"-block woodframes for example.

If you run my mod you can fix those occurences with repairchunkdensities (rcd).

I would be happy if you could keep reporting when this happens though, especially if you know what you did when it happened.

If you run my mod you can fix those occurences with repairchunkdensities (rcd).

I would be happy if you could keep reporting when this happens though, especially if you know what you did when it happened.

Tried that and nothing happened.

You have to allow the client to reload the chunk to see an effect (i.e. move away and get back to the location).

Ah. OK. I was wondering if that command even worked. Maybe you could add something like the above quote to the help portion of the command?

This bug happens so often on my server that I always carry a full stack of frames. Dirt and Sand(stone) are the worst offenders. I feel that it has something to do with the voxel not shrinking all points when digging REALLY fast like a one hit shovel or tnt. I can probably reproduce this in about 5 minutes or less.

Edit: I think it also has something to do with the elevation smoothing heights of each voxel.

You have to allow the client to reload the chunk to see an effect (i.e. move away and get back to the location).

so which command i need to use ? for the coords: 550 S 985 E

i dont understand that command. give me a example please.

rcd 550 985

or what ?

so which command i need to use ? for the coords: 550 S 985 E

i dont understand that command. give me a example please.

rcd 550 985

or what ?

You can get the following from Alloc's built in help by typing 'help rcd' or 'help <any command>'

This command is used to check if the densities of blocks in a chunk match the actual block type.

If there is a mismatch it can lead to the chunk rendering incorrectly or not at all, typically indicated by the error message "Failed setting triangles. Some indices are referencing out of bounds vertices.". It can also fix such mismatches within a chunk.

Usage:

1. repairchunkdensity <x> <z>

2. repairchunkdensity <x> <z> fix

1. Just checks the chunk and prints mismatched to the server log. x and z are the coordinates of any block within the chunk to check.

2. Repairs any mismatch found in the chunk.

• 1 year later...

Archived