A Clockwork Project

Clockwork Orange

Yesterday after we started a new map I also had a very large horde complete with 2 screamers, rough estimate was 75.

Roaming hordes start out at 15 at game stage 1 and work there way up to 30 at gamestage 30, and 75 at gamestage 40.

Maybe its because I increased max alive so i will fix it to match the number of zombies for early game.

Update (8/28/17)

Updated both mod versions

+Blocks

-Added terrain Gore block which upgrades to air after a few in game hours

-Changed gore block bones now upgrades into terrain gore block and is no longer lootable

+Materials

-Changed organic now allows for support

-Changed organic now has stability glue of 1

-Changed organic now has 200 HP

+Entityclasses

-Changed zombie body stay time after death to 2 real time minutes

You now have to loot the zombies before they turn into gore blocks, this restores the mechanic of needing to put yourself at risk in order to loot them. One of my favorite old mechanics that was long removed.

Update (8/28/17)

+Buffs

-Changed Snowberry extract buffs slightly (You can eat up to 7 or 8 snowberries before getting sick, you can drink up to 3 snowberry juices before getting sick, the snowberry warming effect will last for up to 10 real time minutes when stacked 3 times, poisoning for snowberries will take 1 health every 15 seconds depending on how much you have consumed to become sick will determine for how long you will be sick for, for eg drinking 4 snowberry juice will put you into sick range and will last for 4 teal time minutes and will take away 16 health in total over its duration, eating 1 snowberry extract will make you sick and will last for 6 real time minutes and will take away 24 health in total over its duration)

-Changed Lotus Poisoning to match the snowberry poisoning

-Added Extract Mix buff that increases movement speed for 20 seconds and can be stacked

-Added type sickness to specific health loss variables on infection buffs (Trying to stop zombies from dying by themselves randomly dont know if its caused by one of my buffs)

+Items

-Added Extract Mix (Eating Extract Mix will have the combined effects of eating snowberry juice and Lotus extract along with adding the Extract Mix buff to increase movement speed, you can only eat 3 of these at once to stack the positive effects before getting both snowberry poisoning and lotus poisoning)

+Loot

-Added Extract Mix to Biker and Stripper zombie loot

+Recipes

-Added Extract Mix to wood table work station (Costs 1 Snowberry Extract 1 Lotus Extract and requires a mortar and pestle as a tool)

+Traders

-Changed Hops plant to Extract Mix in trader stash loot

+Entitygroups

-Added chickens to forest animal spawns

-Added rabbits to burnt forest animal spawns

+Entityclasses

-Restored 360 degree vision to zombies

-Increased zombie sight range to 36 from 35

-Added immunity to staminadown to zombies (Trying to stop zombies from dying by themselves randomly dont know if its caused by one of my buffs)

Update (8/28/17)

You now have to loot the zombies before they turn into gore blocks, this restores the mechanic of needing to put yourself at risk in order to loot them. One of my favorite old mechanics that was long removed.

I guess you are alone with that. It was one of the most progressive achievements that you can loot corps all the time. If you have hordes two times a day with more than 100 zed's in it and you inventory is always full you can't loot at all. It's really a gamechanger.

If I remember it right the pimps stop the gore-thing because of server issues.

best system I saw was in Valmod. Bodies stay a time than turn into cadavers. If you destroy the cadaver a kind of undestroyable skeleton comes which you can loot for 1 min or so before it vanishes. So if you have huge hordes you can just destroy all the cadavers and you will see than where the loot is.

I guess you are alone with that. It was one of the most progressive achievements that you can loot corps all the time. If you have hordes two times a day with more than 100 zed's in it and you inventory is always full you can't loot at all. It's really a gamechanger.

If I remember it right the pimps stop the gore-thing because of server issues.

best system I saw was in Valmod. Bodies stay a time than turn into cadavers. If you destroy the cadaver a kind of undestroyable skeleton comes which you can loot for 1 min or so before it vanishes. So if you have huge hordes you can just destroy all the cadavers and you will see than where the loot is.

Yup they supposedly had issues on servers that is why I am testing it now with DarkKlotz to see if it actually does impact servers. But it shouldn't affect performance any worse than wet concrete drying does.

I can always bring back the loot for the gore blocks but that ruins one of the game mechanics imo.

Also hundreds of lootable corpses that were killed with spikes and turrets and blade traps is a lot of overpowered loot to be collecting and not having to worry about it disappearing.

Best system is to make it so that you have to actively loot the zombies while killing them. But idk I can always restore the overpowered way with no care for ever having to put yourself at risk to loot them. Just let them die to spikes and whatnot and get the loot whenever.

Also the bigger issue is the dupe looting that happens when you loot the bodies and it turns into a gore block you can loot the gore block for the same loot the body had doubling the same loot. This solves that issue.

I am currently working on a solution that will make everyone happy.

I am restoring the loot to the gore blocks and making it so that the dupe looting does not happen which is my major concern. I should have an update ready shortly.

Thats cool. thx. I love goreblocks. I knew them from a12 and the zombies could build bridges into your base with that.

What do you mean with "dupe looting"?

If you honestly killed a zombie you honesty have the right for the loot :) (old-pirate-law)

Thats cool. thx. I love goreblocks. I knew them from a12 and the zombies could build bridges into your base with that.

What do you mean with "dupe looting"?

If you honestly killed a zombie you honesty have the right for the loot :) (old-pirate-law)

There were a couple issues that I had to fix at the same time, one was the fact that if you looted a zombie body before it turned into a gore block you would get that loot, then the gore block would magically have the same loot so you could loot the gore block again for the same loot. Which I think is something to do with a hard coded variable specifically for that one gore block prefab because If I removed the eviscerated remains code from that block it would throw an error even though the eviscerated remains was commented out in the entityclasses xml meaning it did not exist yet did not throw an error for not existing, it only threw the error from removing that specific code from the block itself. But with my new terrain gore block it does not require that code and will not throw the error.

I also had to fix the issue where gore blocks did not stack on each other because they had no support and the current gore block prefab did not look proper with them stacked floating in the air, so that combined with the fact that it had some hard coded variable I have now found a solution for all of it by simply making my new terrain gore block the new base gore block so now they can stack and have support and should no longer have dupe looting. Since I have been testing it for a while now. Even with the stay time at 3 seconds for the zombie body I did not get dupe looting.

Also My final issue I had to solve was the fact that stick spikes do not allow for support which is my doing and wanted to keep that aspect so you cant stack stick spikes on top of each other but that inversely had a negative effect with destroying gore blocks. They still destroy the gore blocks but I have simply made the stay time of bodies now 60 seconds which gives ample amount of time to collect loot from them if they are in the stick spikes.

Update (8/29/17)

+Blocks

-Changed gore blocks no longer upgrade into other blocks and now retain the loot from zombies (They will probably also never disappear now until you destroy them, you cant have both upgrade rated gore blocks and lootable gore blocks)

+Entityclasses

-Changed zombies now turn into the new terrain gore block after death

-Changed zombie body stay time from 120 seconds to 60 seconds

+Loot

-changed loot list 99 has same size as zombie loot containers and destroys on close (This does not affect anything in game since that loot list is unsused by anything at this current time but I did make that change for possible future additions)

Hi,

I have a problem with smithing and tailoring tables and quests for them, they don't seem to work in my game. I can click on them (press to open) but they do not open i can pick them up again as well no problem, also quest to complete them does not go green that i crafted them. I have crafted them twice just to be sure but still both quest and tables do not work for me, do i miss something or it might be bugged ?

Hi,

I have a problem with smithing and tailoring tables and quests for them, they don't seem to work in my game. I can click on them (press to open) but they do not open i can pick them up again as well no problem, also quest to complete them does not go green that i crafted them. I have crafted them twice just to be sure but still both quest and tables do not work for me, do i miss something or it might be bugged ?

You have to occupy the workbench while they complete or you wont receive credit for them. And you probably have to wait for the pick up timer to wear off before you can use them.

After you pick it up and the timer counts down place it down and you should be able to use it fine. If not make sure you are not using any other files but the ones I provide. That is a good sign that you either did not install it properly or you tried to use some other modded file that I did not provide.

You have to occupy the workbench while they complete or you wont receive credit for them. And you probably have to wait for the pick up timer to wear off before you can use them.

After you pick it up and the timer counts down place it down and you should be able to use it fine. If not make sure you are not using any other files but the ones I provide. That is a good sign that you either did not install it properly or you tried to use some other modded file that I did not provide.

Its working now!, i had to re-install your mod again to fresh copy of 7D2D so it was an error on my side as i might have some custom ui files there.

Thank you! Clockwork Orange

Update (8/29/17)

+Loot

-Added some loot group ID's for container size changes

-Reworked all loot containers sizes top to bottom

-Changed coffin loot now has the same loot at the business man except for paper giving it much nicer loot table (Can now find treasure maps, challenge quests, old cash, junk, and or suits)

+Blocks

-Changed a few loot container block ID's so I could change their size / shape relative to the container in question

Note: These changes do not dynamically update and require a new world, but with the new update that just released I think its probably a good a time as any to start fresh.

Update (8/29/17)

Updated both Mod Versions and all UI Versions!

+Controls

-Changed width of active buff windows in character panel for only 1 column

+Windows

-Changed active buff windows in character panel to now only have one 1 column of 12 rows instead of 2 (If more buff rows are needed I can still add more but the double columns were causing issues with buff info trailing off the allotted spaces)

What I don't understand... Now at day 37 at lvl 37 if found 6 tool&die sets, 5 calipers, sniper rifels aso. but only one hunting knife, just at the beginning. BUT I didn't know at this time, that I need it as a tool for wood table. To make them by my self is utopic, never ever you get knife to lvl 30. For my opinion hunting knife should be at lvl 10. I don't know if anybody uses iron spears, what for?, as a knife?

The trader I found have never hunting knifes. So a slightly better loot-rate would be fine or change the perk to lvl 10. It's hard enough to get this lvl with a bone knife.

All other things are very well atm. Also the issue with lootable goreblocks. Thx a lot for your work!

What I don't understand... Now at day 37 at lvl 37 if found 6 tool&die sets, 5 calipers, sniper rifels aso. but only one hunting knife, just at the beginning. BUT I didn't know at this time, that I need it as a tool for wood table. To make them by my self is utopic, never ever you get knife to lvl 30. For my opinion hunting knife should be at lvl 10. I don't know if anybody uses iron spears, what for?, as a knife?

The trader I found have never hunting knifes. So a slightly better loot-rate would be fine or change the perk to lvl 10. It's hard enough to get this lvl with a bone knife.

All other things are very well atm. Also the issue with lootable goreblocks. Thx a lot for your work!

I am not a huge fan of the spears myself and I might just remove them Ill look into the knife issue today. :)

Update (8/30/17)

+Progression

-Switched knife with iron tipped spear (I cant remove the spears due to the fact that they are the only stop gap between knife and machete)

+Loot

-Increased probability of hunting knife in weaponsMelee loot group

-Added Sledgehammer to weaponsMelee loot group

-Added hunting knife to sinkTools loot group and can now be found in sinks

-Slightly increased schematic page loot chance in junk loot group to 0.11 to be the same as challenge quests

-Changed weaponsCompoundBowParts to weaponsBasicGuns+ammo in rareAutomotive loot group

-Removed sledgehammer from rareTools loot group

-Added sledgehammer to tools loot group

-Added hunting knife to tools loot group

-Added hunting knife to workingStiffs loot group

-Changed all parts and items in backpacks lootgroup now have the same loot probability to be the same as sportingGoods loot group

-Added toolAndDieSet to ZombieUtilityWorker loot group

-Added hunting knife to Zombie Farmer loot

NOTE: Changes to the loot file do not dynamically update and will require either a new world or possibly wait until next loot respawn (have not tested the latter)

Update (8/30/17)

Added anti cheese mechanic to swimming so you can no longer tread water all night above the zombies faces!

+Buffs

-Added Exhausted Treading water buff (After treading water for two real time minutes or 40 in game minutes you will begin to hear splashing sounds and are then struggling to swim, after you start to hear the splashing sounds you will have 30 seconds to get to shore before you begin to start losing oxygen, you will then start drowning after 20 seconds of losing oxygen regardless of whether or not your head is under water)

+Sounds

-Added splashing sounds

Archived