Farming (crop) improvements

And it isn't really needed.  If you just toss something like that in that isn't implemented well and is just for show other than to boost crop growth, you will have a lot of complaints.  If you add irrigation, it has to be done well, and that means stuff like was mentioned.  In the end, not worth it. Farming is already unlimited in potential beyond time and space.

Not to mention, if you can bring water to your farm but not to drink, that would further upset people who don't like the water changes, so wouldn't be smart for TFP to do unless they want to change water, which they don't seem interested in doing.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Riamus said:

And it isn't really needed.  If you just toss something like that in that isn't implemented well and is just for show other than to boost crop growth, you will have a lot of complaints.  If you add irrigation, it has to be done well, and that means stuff like was mentioned.  In the end, not worth it. Farming is already unlimited in potential beyond time and space.

Perhaps rather than spending your time trying to shoot down the idea, you could help to improve upon it, or move on to another topic.

4 minutes ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

Perhaps rather than spending your time trying to shoot down the idea, you could help to improve upon it, or move on to another topic.

Why would I try to improve an idea that I don't think it's worth doing?  There isn't any improvement that would make me want it.  You posted on a public forum.  You are going to get replies to your posts and many will not agree with you.  If you keep replying, you will keep getting replies from people.  That's how forums work.  Everyone can express their opinions.  Mine is that it isn't a good option for this game.  As others have also expressed.  And I'll point out any issues with suggestions and responses to my own posts.

As has been said, we do not decide what is or isn't added.  Our opinions have little impact, as a suggestion or when supporting our not supporting a suggestion.  These are just discussions.  TFP will decide and these discussions help you to come up with a better design that they might actually be interested in.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Riamus said:

Good to know that it works.  Like I said, I hadn't tried it.  My farm is always on my roof with my dew collectors for convenience.

I used to do the same thing on the roof, and I still do it in SP. But when I started playing on a dedicated server, I had to reconsider some things. Once I connected to the server during a bloody night. I fought back, but some of the crops on the roof were damaged by birds. Since then, I close the garden from above with bulletproof glass.

15 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Add the fact that the plants are ready for harvest every 3 days

The growth time is 120 minutes. If you have 120 minutes a day, then once a day, if 60, then once every 2 days.

9 hours ago, Suxar said:

The growth time is 120 minutes. If you have 120 minutes a day, then once a day, if 60, then once every 2 days.

That makes sense, I have the game setting at 60 minutes.  I tend to harvest during specific times so the crops would be ready to harvest, but I don't feel the need to harvest them right away.

14 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

That makes sense, I have the game setting at 60 minutes.  I tend to harvest during specific times so the crops would be ready to harvest, but I don't feel the need to harvest them right away.

For me it depends. At some points in the game I do it at the beginning of the night, at others it happens. The garden is on the 2nd floor of the house and in order not to go up to check if it has grown or not, I plant mushrooms on the first floor. If they are ripe, then the garden is ready for harvesting.