Discount Missing?

So I contacted Microsoft and got told to just wait. Disappointed to say the least, have waited literally years already. I just want what was promised.

2 hours ago, Kari said:

I'm not getting the discount showing either on Xbox. I have the original digital version installed.

If you purchased it through Microsoft Store or through Sony directly (not through some other location), you should be able to check with Microsoft or Sony to see why it's not showing the discount.  If you got it some other way, there may not be a record of your purchase that Microsoft or Sony has and so they aren't offering you the discount.  Another reason it could be is that the region you selected won't give discounts.  Someone else had problems with the Russian region, but when changing it had the discount.  I don't know how all that works, but it could be the cause.  More than likely, you'll need to talk to Microsoft or Sony as they are the ones who apply the discount based on your purchase of the old version.

I have talked to Microsoft and they basically just said to wait. The amount of waiting I've already done for this game is ridiculous. It does not make either tfp or Microsoft look good at all.

I purchased 7 Days to Die back in the day for PS4, I live in the Uk, and I now own a PS5. Unfortunately, I'm not getting a display for a discount on PS store.

Hey gang, just a heads up!

Be careful when asking about discounts, I say this after an experience I just had. Upon looking for 7DtD in the Ps store, I couldn't find it.. I looked in the Ps app and sure enough, I couldn't find it in the app library of my game collection either. Unfortunately, there is no way to provide any photographic evidence - without providing a link.. For some dumb reason - and even after I posted a link, all I get is an error.. No error code. Nothing. Just a red box over my link basically telling me "Yeah, we aren't interested in seeing any proof, thanks."

P.s. If this isn't resolved, I'm not getting the game. End of.

Wish you all luck tho! x

3 minutes ago, Lord_of_Jragons said:

Samer here, bought it with he whole walking dead bundle and still nothing on Xbox. No discounts. Am I missing something?

I have read that it depends on where you live.

I'm quite steamed I'm in southern Ontario Canada and I don't have access to the discount either so paying $63.53 for a game I already owned that is being re-sold because they abandoned the previous version we all owned is out of the question. Honestly it should be more of a discount but I'll take what I can get but what I can get is not what they advertise as the offer. I power cycled my Xbox that didn't work. I deleted the old version and redownload that did work  where the heck is the discount and why are the pimps not answering ANYONE!?

I sent a Help support query to TFP, so let's see if they can be bothered to respond.

I'll keep you all updated 👍🏽

P.s. Funny how the image link url doesn't work no matter how many links I try to attach, it's almost like this just for show? 🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

That’s garbage, I paid the same price for the physical disc as they did for the digital, people were thieves.

so my biggest complaint is, I have to pay full price and PC owners don’t pay anything and there are far more console owners, sounds like a cash grab.

Yeah my discount not showing up either and I have owned the game since the beginning bought it through Microsoft store and Microsoft is blaming the developer and saying they have no idea about any discount and I'm in the US east coast

Did anyone buy the telltale undead bundle with the walking dead games and 7 days to die they might be having an issue with that because there looking for 7 days to die by itself not in a bundle you have to call them and tell them it's in a bundle 

Edited by mattWHATno (see edit history)

Well, so far, it's been 2 days since I sent a help support request and (shockingly) no response.

Although, I did notice something interesting. I tried to look at 7 days to Die on my girlfriend's PS store, and the game on her store says £32, and when I went back to mine to check the price, it's saying £24. But here's the problem, is the £24 due to the discount? Or that I have PS+?

Hmm~...

Edited by Rayne (see edit history)

It seems the discount is often not shown but automatically deducted. Also the stores help desk seems clueless. And probably TFP isn't in a place where they could easily find out as well, as they have published the game on console through an intermediary publisher.

My advice: If you want to get an idea, always post the price you are seeing, the region and the exact version you bought from telltale, disc or digital. If enough people post that we'll soon know the correct full price and correct reduced price per region, faster than any official info. Note we are on a weekend now, don't expect anything to happen on TFPs side until Monday.

(This is not an official answer, I am not an employee of TFP)

10 minutes ago, Rayne said:

Well, so far, it's been 2 days since I sent a help support request and (shockingly) no response.

Although, I did notice something interesting. I tried to look at 7 days to Die on my girlfriend's PS store, and the game on her store says £32, and when I went back to mine to check the price, it's saying £24. But here's the problem, is the £24 due to the discount? Or that I have PS+?

I don't know, but 32 -25% is exactly 24.

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

It seems the discount is often not shown but automatically deducted. Also the stores help desk seems clueless. And probably TFP isn't in a place where they could easily find out as well, as they have published the game on console through an intermediary publisher.

My advice: If you want to get an idea, always post the price you are seeing, the region and the exact version you bought from telltale, disc or digital. If enough people post that we'll soon know the correct full price and correct reduced price per region, faster than any official info. Note we are on a weekend now, don't expect anything to happen on TFPs side until Monday.

(This is not an official answer, I am not an employee of TFP)

I don't know, but 32 -25% is exactly 24.

No probs Meganoth, thanks for the insight. 👍🏽

2 hours ago, jembles324 said:

$50.94 with no deduction on receipt BC, Canada

Is that 51 US dollars or 51 Canadian dollars?

• Game price - $45 US dollars
  • Exchange rate (Using 1 US = 1.38 Canadian)
  • Game Price (Canada) - $62 Canadian Dollars
  • 25% discount - $46.5 Canadian dollars

All of this doesn't include any taxes which would increase the price

17 hours ago, jembles324 said:

$50.94 with no deduction on receipt BC, Canada

How are you getting $50.94? It's $57.99 in southern Ontario before tax after tax it's $65.53???????

15 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Is that 51 US dollars or 51 Canadian dollars?

• Game price - $45 US dollars
  • Exchange rate (Using 1 US = 1.38 Canadian)
  • Game Price (Canada) - $62 Canadian Dollars
  • 25% discount - $46.5 Canadian dollars

All of this doesn't include any taxes which would increase the price

Seems the store uses a different exchange rate. BC has 5% tax, so reduced price in Canada without tax should be about 48.51 canadian $. And full price without tax would then be about 64.68 canadian $ !?

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)