MOD: Armor Balance v1

BlackRabbitMsk

Posted (edited)

LightArmor_EN.thumb.png.24e0f8a9359536185137283a0719722d.png

MediumArmor_EN.thumb.png.5d83d6562f2f35893efbb2859688f00c.png

HeavyArmor_EN.thumb.png.b5c5f850e8635ce27d9281ce67787eb6.png

Hi all! After the release of the experimental version, I, as a player, had many questions about the current armor balance. Therefore, I am pleased to present to you a reworked armor balance with an additional bonus from the armor class. I will be very glad to see any of your comments!

The mod is part of the Project Z mod set. You can find information about the set on the website, and a detailed description in my discord.

The mod is available in English and Russian.

You can find a more detailed distribution of bonuses in the table.

Table in the form of a PNG file also at the link

Here is the download link:

https://github.com/BlackRabbitMsk/ArmorBalance

Edited by BlackRabbitMsk (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Looks interesting.  I wish the image showed a comparison of vanilla values and yours so I could have an idea of how you balanced things without having to look stuff up.  Oh, and Nomad has a typo in the image - It should say Reload Speed instead of Attack Speed.  Otherwise you have Attack Speed and Attack Rate.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

Looks interesting.  I wish the image showed a comparison of vanilla values and yours so I could have an idea of how you balanced things without having to look stuff up.  Oh, and Nomad has a typo in the image - It should say Reload Speed instead of Attack Speed.  Otherwise you have Attack Speed and Attack Rate.

Yes, I'll fix the image

• 1 month later...

Current version of the mod is 1.1

• Added mechanics of bonus from an incomplete set. Half as much bonus from the entire set when wearing 2-3 items from the set. Expands the variability of the player's equipment. Now the player can have 2 incomplete bonuses from sets instead of 1 full.
  • Fixed a number of localization errors

On 7/8/2024 at 3:49 AM, MrSamuelAdams said:

Now I have to check out and pick between yours and https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5181 Wolfs

Yeah I am kind of in the same boat having to decide.
I like features from both.
Im wondering... for BlackRabbitMsk and Black Wolf...
What if we clone the armor sets, apply your tags to those sets and then set the changes to those pieces (BR's and BW's), and then have it either loot only, crafted from special BlackRabbit and BlackWolf craft stations (once you find schematics or acquire certain skills so its not open too early).

That way you'd be able to choose from basic stuff, BW and BR gear to fit your needs.
Slap a tint on it or something... funny you're both "Black*animal*" so the black tints each might be out, lol.
But im sure you could do something creative with tint/particles/emissions, etc and still be server side (maybe an optional add-on later for different textures if you want to be fancy).