It's odd how the game has a way of giving you what you're looking for.

I needed to get a wrench. There were none for sale. I got the ability to make it but didn't have four moving parts. The next day, the first car I looted had two moving parts. The third car  had two more. Last game I played, trader Jen had one for sale. 

I have had the flip side where that wasn't working. I tore up every stump I could find and my disease got to the low 90s before I finally looted an antibiotic. That rarely happens though.

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

I needed to get a wrench. There were none for sale. I got the ability to make it but didn't have four moving parts. The next day, the first car I looted had two moving parts. The third car  had two more. Last game I played, trader Jen had one for sale. 

I have had the flip side where that wasn't working. I tore up every stump I could find and my disease got to the low 90s before I finally looted an antibiotic. That rarely happens though.

Heh. I had a similar thing happen last night.  I needed mechanical parts for a workbench.  I had 1.  I needed a wrench to get parts other than being lucky with loot but needed mechanical parts to make one.  There want a wrench for sale or mechanical parts.  I looted a couple POI and found a wrench.

I also finally started getting honey again.  After days and probably 30 stumps with none, I got two in a row with the first stumps I looted yesterday.  RNG is crazy sometimes (often). 😀

I think one of the most interestingly supernatural thing about this game is that its also keen on punishing people who have too many pre-conceived notions about what the game actually is, how it plays, and what it does.  The glorious amount of karma it gives and exacts from people truly never ceases to amaze.