v1.0 and server set up

Hey guys, I'm thinking about setting up my own 27/7 home server to play with friends for the new 1.0 when it's released, and (having never set one up) I have a few questions. I'm new to the server side so please forgive any dumb/redundant questions. I searched the forum but it seems that most of the server-related topics are related to troubleshooting, and 1-2 are really what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

1: does the computer used for the server need its own copy of the game?

2: will the current methods for setting up a dedicated server work with the new version?

3: is there anything specific need for a server computer? I ask this because I have a small, nothing special, game server that was used to run interactive games in a public setting but I'm not sure if hosting a game over the net requires high-end hardware or if a relatively basic PC will be sufficient. 

1. Yes, it need the free copy of the dedicated server app.

2. Yes.

3. A computer that meets minimum specs will suffice for 5 or 6 players on a small map. Bigger maps or mods might need more power, depends on what you're starting with. Also, a good internet connection is needed.

11 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

yeah, i know there is a bunch of support for setting up serves, and I'm appreciative for that. i was just unsure if the current server information would work for the final release. thank you!

8 hours ago, Shermoney99 said:

yeah, i know there is a bunch of support for setting up serves, and I'm appreciative for that. i was just unsure if the current server information would work for the final release. thank you!

There may be some minor changes to configuration settings, but that is about it. It isn't like they are suddenly making drastic changes to how things function.