Suggestions before 1.0

BBBBilly

I have some suggestions that I believe should be addressed before 1.0

1. The server is configurable. Is death resurrected near the backpack? If a PVP server dies and only drops the backpack, the winner will be very passive and may not even have time to search for the backpack before leaving immediately. For PVE, if death occurs 100 meters away from the backpack, then whether to die is not so cautious, "Anyway, I can pick up the backpack again soon."

2. The server is configurable. When players exit the game, they are prompted to enter the server's set number of seconds. In short, even if they exit the game, their physical presence will still exist in the game until the timer ends, preventing some cowards from choosing alt+F4 when they are about to face death. Some developers said to me, "You can set the option to drop your backpack when exiting." I don't think this is a good choice, nor is it a situation that would occur in a formal version of the game. When someone accidentally loses connection, that person will get a heart attack. Some people say that alt+F4 may cause the loss of saves. I want to say that the probability of this happening is very low, and cowards don't care about it at all. They only know that when you are about to kill them, they can immediately close the game, take a nap, and then open the game.

3. I hope to still see the complete H7SB and snufkins mod of a20 in version 1.0

4. Improve the durability of the vehicle. I just accidentally collided and the durability of the vehicle decreased by 9%, which is really surprising

5. Restore the glass bottle, otherwise it will really affect the immersion, for a survival game

6. More game modes, such as Alpha2's GameModeZombieHorde, are very creative. Players defend in the ruins of wasteland and often drop airdrops of supplies from the sky.

You're seriously suggesting these should be implemented before 1.0? A release that is roughly 2 months away? Most of these would require major code changes/additions. Not to mention all of the balance changes that would need to occur with some of these suggestions. Throw in play- and QA-testing, you're looking at about 6-8 months of work, minimum. Bare in mind that none of what I said was for or against any of these suggestions. Opinions aside, I'm just stating that the reality is that nothing you or anyone suggests here could possibly happen before 1.0.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BBBBilly said:

Those are custom mods.  They can't update their mods before 1.0 drops.  Not sure why you are expecting mod creators to update their mods for 1.0 prior to the release.

5. Restore the glass bottle, otherwise it will really affect the immersion, for a survival game

TFP wanted the bottles removed, don't see them bringing them back.  Best just to accept it and move on, or just mod them back in

6. More game modes, such as Alpha2's GameModeZombieHorde, are very creative. Players defend in the ruins of wasteland and often drop airdrops of supplies from the sky.

You want them to generate new game modes prior to Experimental release, which is slated around 6/24?

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, BBBBilly said:

I have some suggestions that I believe should be addressed before 1.0

1. The server is configurable. Is death resurrected near the backpack? If a PVP server dies and only drops the backpack, the winner will be very passive and may not even have time to search for the backpack before leaving immediately. For PVE, if death occurs 100 meters away from the backpack, then whether to die is not so cautious, "Anyway, I can pick up the backpack again soon."

2. The server is configurable. When players exit the game, they are prompted to enter the server's set number of seconds. In short, even if they exit the game, their physical presence will still exist in the game until the timer ends, preventing some cowards from choosing alt+F4 when they are about to face death. Some developers said to me, "You can set the option to drop your backpack when exiting." I don't think this is a good choice, nor is it a situation that would occur in a formal version of the game. When someone accidentally loses connection, that person will get a heart attack. Some people say that alt+F4 may cause the loss of saves. I want to say that the probability of this happening is very low, and cowards don't care about it at all. They only know that when you are about to kill them, they can immediately close the game, take a nap, and then open the game.

4. Improve the durability of the vehicle. I just accidentally collided and the durability of the vehicle decreased by 9%, which is really surprising

The game is not really intended for PVP, so don't expect much in the way of PVP improvements until after gold, if at all.  They made it possible to PVP and mods can adjust things to your liking for that but it's not their priority.

Some vehicles now have armor mods as was shown in the dev stream.

Glass bottles will not be returning.  Use a mod if you want them.

On 6/7/2024 at 11:45 PM, Syphon583 said:

You're seriously suggesting these should be implemented before 1.0? A release that is roughly 2 months away? Most of these would require major code changes/additions. Not to mention all of the balance changes that would need to occur with some of these suggestions. Throw in play- and QA-testing, you're looking at about 6-8 months of work, minimum. Bare in mind that none of what I said was for or against any of these suggestions. Opinions aside, I'm just stating that the reality is that nothing you or anyone suggests here could possibly happen before 1.0.

Sorry, I almost forgot that 1.0 is not the final version and the game will continue to be updated

On 6/8/2024 at 2:12 AM, BFT2020 said:

Those are custom mods.  They can't update their mods before 1.0 drops.  Not sure why you are expecting mod creators to update their mods for 1.0 prior to the release.

TFP wanted the bottles removed, don't see them bringing them back.  Best just to accept it and move on, or just mod them back in

You want them to generate new game modes prior to Experimental release, which is slated around 6/24?

I hope 1.0 can see these mods. The meaning is that 1.0 can still have this kind of thing, and the code of a21 clearly makes these mods invalid. These mods are all very interesting.

Sorry, I almost forgot that 1.0 is not the final version and the game will continue to be updated

On 6/8/2024 at 2:52 AM, Riamus said:

The game is not really intended for PVP, so don't expect much in the way of PVP improvements until after gold, if at all.  They made it possible to PVP and mods can adjust things to your liking for that but it's not their priority.

Some vehicles now have armor mods as was shown in the dev stream.

Glass bottles will not be returning.  Use a mod if you want them.

Okay, okay...

On 6/9/2024 at 4:56 AM, BBBBilly said:

It's all good. I came off a little strong, TBF. I really do like some of these suggestions, though!

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)