Ammunition Mod

Posted (edited)

After seeing both Glock9's "Trapped in Higashi" playthrough and a number of Kentucky Ballistics videos, I had an idea for another use for the oodles of brass that come from loot bags: Brass Solid Hunting Rounds.

The basic idea would be that they would be a semi-armor-piercing round, with performance between standard bullets and the already in-game AP rounds. The core of them would be a new "Brass Bullet Tips," made with 4 or 5 units of Brass. However, I have not the programming experience to make my idea a reality. I was wondering if anyone could help me with that.

Edited by Warwolf (see edit history)

Use one of Izayo's weapon mods as an example.  Izayo created new ammo types so you can see how it was done - it should include adding new ammos to items, modifying weapons to load the new ammo types, adding recipes, adding to the loot tables, and adding to the trader tables.

17 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Am also wondering if Styx Steel Ammo mod could be looked at to see how to do this.

Probably a better suggestion since that mod is geared towards just adding a new ammo type while Izayo's work includes new guns.