Escape from Tarkov Weapon Packs with custom first-person view animations.

thanhhai2247

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For some reason i couldn't edit my post so i'm posting in this reply.

EFT-SMGs-and-Pistols-Pack(Prerelease). This is the DL link to the currently finished but not yet finalized pack. I still need feedbacks and some final optimizations. The pack is still being improved but is mostly ready for testing. All contents in the compressed file should be extracted into your mod folder. Cleaning game data through the game launcher is advised so backup your save files. I'm active on Guppy's modding server, Discord username:  .m14szettairyouiki, mostly in #closer_ex's everything house so find me there or just DM me to give me some feedbacks. Any help, especially xml stuffs and gun sounds is very much appreciated !!. Edit: Video above is outdated since more guns and attachments have been added.

Edited by thanhhai2247
added note. (see edit history)

With Closer's help, a new mechanic is introduced: item tags appending an removing. To resolve a clipping issue like hand clipping through side attachments, on some guns you'll have to equip a foregrip mod before being able to equip laser sight and flashlight mod. There're also cases of guns having no attachment rails or a scope mount so a pre requirement mod is necessary before you can attach them. Look for "railhandguard" on the mp5 or pp19  or "pistolscopemount" on some pistols, in creative mode. This should also be a key part of the final release of the mod with the intention to "overhaul" some what the gun play. 

On 5/2/2024 at 12:41 PM, thanhhai2247 said:

With Closer's help, a new mechanic is introduced: item tags appending an removing. To resolve a clipping issue like hand clipping through side attachments, on some guns you'll have to equip a foregrip mod before being able to equip laser sight and flashlight mod. There're also cases of guns having no attachment rails or a scope mount so a pre requirement mod is necessary before you can attach them. Look for "railhandguard" on the mp5 or pp19  or "pistolscopemount" on some pistols, in creative mode. This should also be a key part of the final release of the mod with the intention to "overhaul" some what the gun play. 

Just a thought regarding the clipping issue... One modder made the hands part of the guns and his the actual hands.  Not sure how, but it was what they did to create their own reload animations.  It could solve your clipping issue.

26 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Just a thought regarding the clipping issue... One modder made the hands part of the guns and his the actual hands.  Not sure how, but it was what they did to create their own reload animations.  It could solve your clipping issue.

Thanks for the tip but that's not what i meant. This is the clipping issue i was trying to show. So it's obviously that when you start adding flashlight and lasersight you don't want to have this obstruction (pic1). Which is why equipping the foregrip will enable side attachments on many guns (pic2) except for cases where you can grip normally without this issue like on guns with longer barrel like the AR15 or M16 for example, they have the attachments far away from the player's left hand and is not restricted by this mechanic. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

47 minutes ago, thanhhai2247 said:

Thanks for the tip but that's not what i meant. This is the clipping issue i was trying to show. So it's obviously that when you start adding flashlight and lasersight you don't want to have this obstruction (pic1). Which is why equipping the foregrip will enable side attachments on many guns (pic2) except for cases where you can grip normally without this issue like on guns with longer barrel like the AR15 or M16 for example, they have the attachments far away from the player's left hand and is not restricted by this mechanic. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Yeah, if you were to include the hand as part of the gun, you could adjust where/how it is placed so that it doesn't clip through the light on the side.  Though it does look better with a fore grip anyhow.  :)  Either way, great work.

Just now, Riamus said:

Yeah, if you were to include the hand as part of the gun, you could adjust where/how it is placed so that it doesn't clip through the light on the side.  Though it does look better with a fore grip anyhow.  :)  Either way, great work.

I could've add a new animation for the left hand upon equipping side attachments but to be honest, the player arm mesh and its bones isn't the best fit so rigging can be quite a pain to do so this is better solution that i intend to stick with. Here's the m16 which doesn't need a foregrip to equip sideattachments since its a 20in barrel, lots of room to grip on the handguard.

spacer.png

• thanhhai2247 changed the title to [Pre-release; in progress] Escape from Tarkov SMGs+Pistols Pack+Adding Rifles
  • 3 weeks later...
  • thanhhai2247 changed the title to Escape from Tarkov Weapon Packs with custom first-person view animations.
Posted (edited)

Updated on nexusmods https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4875

Please download the updated "KF Common Utility Library" and "Custom Player Action Manager".
Changelogs:
-Fixed Loot and Traders
-Fixed empty ammo state on many guns.
-Added C Mag for mp5 and scorpion.
-Added localization.
-Fixed PKM animations.

Edited by thanhhai2247 (see edit history)

On 6/17/2024 at 8:55 AM, thanhhai2247 said:

Updated on nexusmods https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4875

Please download the updated "KF Common Utility Library" and "Custom Player Action Manager".
Changelogs:
-Fixed Loot and Traders
-Fixed empty ammo state on many guns.
-Added C Mag for mp5 and scorpion.
-Added localization.
-Fixed PKM animations.

Updated to 1.2

Added Bizon from CoD.

Major bug fixed.

20240618133321_1.jpg

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYzAHL0S5dw

7 Days to Die - EFT Guns mod update V 1.3

Nexusmods link: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4875

Changelogs: Added CMag for mpx and mp9.

Reworked mp9 animations.

Added Bipod for the Famas.

Added Grip for the Bizon.

Fixed some bugs.

Added .300Blackout weapons: Honey Badger, ST-AR15, MCX Gen1.

Added FN Minimi 556 LMG.

Will be released after things are fixed for 1.0.

Edited by thanhhai2247 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

Does this work on 1.0? You seem to suggest it is, but the required mods on Nexus aren't updated, and I'm worried about adding them without updates.

Lots of things were changed and Closer had to fix many parts of the code. It was expected to be updated this week assuming there were no changes to the code but there were and things broke. The mod update will have to be delayed until things are fixed. No promises on an exact date though.

• 1 month later...