Please build for aarch64

Almost no developers write for arm architecture. There is no value in it. 

Not to mention that the arm64 CPU's have nowhere near the compute power required to play the game. The minimum spec hardware for the game would have a CPU Mark score of about 8000, and your little Orange Pi only scores maybe 1800 on a good day. 

Not generally true: Apple uses ARM CPUs of their own design and those chips have enough power. Also the Qualcomms new Snapdragon X Elite should work as well, I found mention of a 12k multiplayer benchmark score probably for the 23W version and there is also an 80W version, though I am not sure if it is the same benchmark.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Not generally true: Apple uses ARM CPUs of their own design and those chips have enough power. Also the Qualcomms new Snapdragon X Elite should work as well, I found mention of a 12k multiplayer benchmark score probably for the 23W version and there is also an 80W version, though I am not sure if it is the same benchmark.

Sorry, didn't mean ARM in general, just the ones on the PI's they are trying to play games from. 

opi5 and rpi5 would for sure run it might not even have to turn down settings .....anything previous not so much  ....i can play COD on ultra settings on android but same hardware ....i dont know what 7dtd is written in but when compiling it should just be a simple flag like this :

mkdir build; cd build; cmake .. -DRK3588=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
make -j4

Or

# Toolchain file for cross-compiling for ARM64
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm64)

And even if it turns out to be "meh" on those boards give it six months and your already ahead of the curve arm64 is only going to grow from here on out ......also cred of being like the only supercool game to play on aarch64 linux without needing wine or proton (i really do hate wine)

32 minutes ago, developerbayman said:

opi5 and rpi5 would for sure run it might not even have to turn down settings .....anything previous not so much  ....i can play COD on ultra settings on android but same hardware ....i dont know what 7dtd is written in but when compiling it should just be a simple flag like this :

mkdir build; cd build; cmake .. -DRK3588=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
make -j4

Or

# Toolchain file for cross-compiling for ARM64
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm64)

And even if it turns out to be "meh" on those boards give it six months and your already ahead of the curve arm64 is only going to grow from here on out ......also cred of being like the only supercool game to play on aarch64 linux without needing wine or proton (i really do hate wine)

Ok, first CoD isn't bound by the CPU, and even at that requires hardly any power to run. Easily half the minimum requirements of 7 Days. "Recommended" spec hardware for it was "OK" hardware over a decade ago. Before thoughts of 7 Days even got written down on a diner napkin.

Minimum spec is already "meh" performance with an average FPS of 30. Your pocket board might be able to achieve 5FPS, but even that is lucky without a dedicated GPU to provide a minimum of 2GB VRAM.

I would take it lol couldnt be worse than what i got going now old 2014? i5 with a nvidia quadro 2000m gpu 2gb vram .....only thing i got going with that is 20 gb ram i have to turn gfx to as low as possible my opi5 has 16 gb ....but its playable 🥲