Working shipping containers?

retrogamingdev

I second this! Would be cool to be able to open the various shipping containers we come across instead of them always being open or closed.

edit: It really would be easy to do with how containers already work. They're not singular placeable objects- they're built with blocks like most everything else. All they would need to do is add a new block for the doors that can be interacted with.

At the very least, should be fairly easy to mod in as well. (assuming you know how to create new blocks, which I sadly do not...)

Edited by Syphon583 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

edit: It really would be easy to do with how containers already work. They're not singular placeable objects- they're built with blocks like most everything else. All they would need to do is add a new block for the doors that can be interacted with.

Oh sure, I never even realized that. For the time being could put a double door on the end, perhaps? Not sure if it fully matches up I guess.

1 hour ago, retrogamingdev said:

Oh sure, I never even realized that. For the time being could put a double door on the end, perhaps? Not sure if it fully matches up I guess.

The end might work. I'm not in a place to fire up the Prefab Editor to check. I know I've left off a side, or part of a side, and built with regular blocks there, so you will have some options for using windows, doors, etc. Just keep in mind the Container blocks are something like 3x3x1 and the "1" side will be flush against one side and you won't be able to place anything within the other side as that's where the container blocks is. Assuming you want your tiny house to have usable interior spaces, you'll orient the container blocks to have the "dead" block on the outside.

In your pics above, the garage or the staircase will likely suffer and have to be reimagined or reoriented.

Edited by zztong (see edit history)