World hanging on creating character

On top of the other suggestions:

this error here may be one (of many) things causing the issue. Basically: you have added too many mods that add new blocks (probably the deco mods) and its just too many blocks (block types/definitions/etc). Maybe try removing the deco mods (or the ones adding a lot of new vehicles?) first. The error:

1. 2024-02-24T04:13:20 319.280 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
  2. 2024-02-24T04:13:20 319.302 EXC Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
  3. Parameter name: Too many blocks defined (48326, allowed 32768
  4. Parameter name: Too many blocks defined (48326, allowed 32768

Usually when you get a "loading and parsing xyz.xml failed" the game is going to not load and possibly hang on loading. Its basically "mods did some changes and the file cannot load/parse, and this file is necessary for the game to run". Blocks.xml is very important to load properly because... its a voxel game and the world is made of "blocks".

Also:

- it looks like you are adding mods to the "Ravenhearst" overhaul mod. While its possible to add mods to an overhaul mod, it can be tricky as overhauls change a lot of things in the game, and the smaller mods (modlets) are generally only made to mod the vanilla game. Its generally recommended to jot add mods to any overhaul mod unless you know a bit about modding (or how the game and overhaul works) to know if a mod may conflict with the overhaul. An example is i see you are loading some UI mods. I rarely have gotten a random UI mod to work when an overhaul mod is loaded as overhauls usually change up the UI a lot. 

- my "guess" is that adding additional POI mods is unlikely to cause any issues, but may be pointless if the overhaul mod comes with its own maps. So check the docs on ravenhearst and see if making your own custom map is ok (so additional pois may be put on the map)

- i have added a lot of mods to games (i have gotten up to about 120) but with this many i have always had to go in and manually "fix" mods as they generally start stepping over each other. Loading issues/errors/warnings. Similar to the issue you are having. Generally i will first start removing "groups of mods" from a single modder, just to make troubleshooting easier. You seem to have a lot of mods from bdubs, and JT and a few others. So i would just remove all of JTs (for example) and see if the problem goes away.

or maybe remove ravenhearst?

Just saying again: with ravenhearst being in there, any modding can still "load the game" but something in the game may break (like something not work, like "oh i cannot use this ammo" or something.). Its always an issue with modding (especially in a game in alpha) but for this game there are not tools for modders (yet) to put in checks to handle incompatibilities with other mods. Like a modder cannot make their mod "not load" because it sees ravenhearst and knows its not compatible with ravenhearst. All mods try to load (and make their changes) regardless if they work with other mods.

Also: i think i saw an "improved hordes" mod in there. Just a guess but its probably not going to play well with ravenhearst as i think it has its own custom horde stuff (just from playing it). It probably isn't adding any extra blocks, but i would also remove it if you're going to keep ravenhearst.

Edit 2:also i believe with ravenhearst loaded you cant just "start the game" from steam, you have to have steam running, then start the game from a special executable (see the ravenhearst docs). I think its "bepinex.exe" or something but i havent played it in awhile so maybe thats changed.

6 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Edit 2:also i believe with ravenhearst loaded you cant just "start the game" from steam, you have to have steam running, then start the game from a special executable (see the ravenhearst docs). I think its "bepinex.exe" or something but i havent played it in awhile so maybe thats changed.

Okay I'm gonna move the mods I installed on my own and I'm gonna delete ravenhurst and see if that fixes it