Pimp Dream - story mode

superppolo

What do you think about adding a logical sequence to the merchant missions, where they follow a story, having a final objective, with the possibility of each new Alpha being a season?

For example, missions could follow a story of searching for information on the whereabouts of Dr. "X", who was working on a cure for the virus before his disappearance. Mission 1 would be to go to his house, where the address of his secret laboratory would be discovered. The next mission would be to go to the laboratory, where it would be discovered that in fact that was never the right place and that Dr. "X" worked in a place monitored by the government. In the next task we would find the location, but the safe with valuable information could only be opened with a key that would be in Professor "Y's" house, which would continue the story. Finally, in the last mission it is discovered that Dr. "X" may be alive in a refugee camp, leaving the bridge for the next season.

If you think the idea is good, please help me upload this topic and develop the story.

NOTE. Sorry for the bad English, google translation

They will add a story to the game right before gold.  Of course, the story will be available only in Navesgane unless they change what they have said.  Their story probably wouldn't fit in any other map anyhow.

Here is the problem with a story in this game... Consider how many different games you have played in here.  Now, consider doing the story all those times.  The first time, it will be good.  The second, not so much.  By the third, you won't want to do it anymore.  This is a game meant to be played many times.  Other games, where you play once or maybe come back to play again later, can do a story and it works.  But not so much in this game unless they can do some kind of procedurally generated story that doesn't suck.

9 hours ago, Riamus said:

Eles adicionarão uma história ao jogo antes do ouro. Claro, a história estará disponível apenas em Navesgane a menos que eles mudem o que disseram. Sua história provavelmente não caberia em nenhum outro mapa.

Aqui está o problema com uma história neste jogo... Considere quantos jogos diferentes você jogou aqui. Agora, considere fazer a história todas essas vezes. Na primeira vez, vai ser bom. A segunda, nem tanto. Na terceira, você não vai querer mais fazer isso. Este é um jogo feito para ser jogado muitas vezes. Outros jogos, onde você joga uma vez ou talvez volte a jogar novamente mais tarde, pode fazer uma história e funciona. Mas não tanto neste jogo, a menos que eles possam fazer algum tipo de história gerada processualmente que não seja uma.

I understand your point. What do you think if each alpha is a new season (story) and you have options when starting, to play the season that interests you or even not play the story?

Edited by superppolo
Wrong language (see edit history)

13 hours ago, superppolo said:

I understand your point. What do you think if each alpha is a new season (story) and you have options when starting, to play the season that interests you or even not play the story?

If they were going to have a lot more alphas, sure.  But I think we probably aren't going to have more than a few more.  Don't get me wrong, I like stories in games.  I'm just not sure a story makes a lot of sense with this game.

@Riamus I agree

It would have been a stronger idea if started way back, or as a last alpha.
Most captivating story line games that I have played have an underlying single
goal. Advance through a hierarchy of characters, progressively more difficult
to a singular demigod boss. Rinse repeat. Quests are mostly time fillers because
they are always on the other side of the map. Just my opinion.

Along the way everything else is just filler to keep you occupied until you get
to where you are going. It's most easily viewed in speed runs of these type games.
The other reason for filler is to create anxiety to make it seem more dramatic.

By this I mean, by example, I absolutely love the dark souls series, but when I sit
back and don't role play and look at what it does. The filler is just put there as a
proving gate, the npcs are only trying to lower you hp and or stats, causing hesitation
before the big fight.

The same with Dying Light, especially the Bozak Horde, It's more psychological than
difficult so it makes you play against yourself. That's why they have Bozak talk so often
it's like they had  someone with a psychology degree, write the script, choosing specific phrases.

In 7 Days to Die, the goal is simply don't die by any means necessary, period. There was never
a single matriarch figure glimpsed, The Duke is promised to follow. The only hierarchy ascension
has been the horde type, volume, and intensity. The Duke may or may not have similarities to Negan.

The last part and this is not absolute, In most story line games there is more focus on the WoW factor
vs Multi-genre inclusion. 7DTD would actually have to cut out some of what makes it unique, or condense
a lot of what goes on presently to do a story.

Its a totally different concept from traditional gaming, but for me 7DTD has its story line, I doesn't focus

on a single external character. Its more like "The Never Ending Story" and focuses on you . You are the

Duke ascending. The player is Caesar,Alexander,Napoleon in this game.

A crude picture representation of what I wrote.

Spoiler

StoryModeGameplay.png.9f0acd48225feae901125aecee02dd84.png

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles
Pictoral of what I wrote (see edit history)

On 08/12/2023 at 23:48, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@Riamus eu concordo

Teria sido uma ideia mais forte se começasse há muito tempo, ou como um último alfa.
A maioria dos jogos de enredo cativantes que joguei têm um único
objetivo subjacente. Avance através de uma hierarquia de personagens, progressivamente mais difícil
para um chefe semideus singular. Enxágüe e repita. As missões preenchem principalmente o tempo porque
estão sempre do outro lado do mapa. Apenas minha opinião.

Ao longo do caminho, todo o resto é apenas preenchimento para mantê-lo ocupado até chegar
onde está indo. É mais facilmente visualizado em speed runs desses tipos de jogos.
A outra razão para o preenchimento é criar ansiedade para que pareça mais dramático.

Com isso quero dizer, por exemplo, que eu absolutamente amo a série Dark Souls, mas quando eu sento
e não faço dramatização e vejo o que ela faz. O filler é colocado lá apenas como um
portão de prova, os npcs estão apenas tentando diminuir seu HP e/ou estatísticas, causando hesitação
antes da grande luta.

O mesmo com Dying Light, especialmente a Bozak Horde, é mais psicológico do que
difícil, então faz você jogar contra si mesmo. É por isso que Bozak fala com tanta frequência
que é como se alguém tivesse um diploma de psicologia, escrevesse o roteiro, escolhendo frases específicas.

Em 7 dias para morrer, o objetivo é simplesmente não morrer por nenhum meio necessário, ponto final. Nunca houve
uma única figura de matriarca vislumbrada, o duque está prometido a seguir. A única ascensão hierárquica
foi o tipo, volume e intensidade da horda. O duque pode ou não ter semelhanças com Negan.

A última parte e isso não é absoluto. Na maioria dos jogos de enredo, há mais foco no fator WoW
do que na inclusão de vários gêneros. Na verdade, o 7DTD teria que cortar parte do que o torna único ou condensar
muito do que está acontecendo atualmente para fazer uma história.

É um conceito totalmente diferente dos jogos tradicionais, mas para mim o 7DTD tem o seu enredo, não me concentro

em um único caractere externo. É mais como "The Never Ending Story" e se concentra em você. Você é o

Duque ascendente. O jogador é César, Alexandre, Napoleão neste jogo.

Uma representação pictórica grosseira do que escrevi.

Ocultar conteúdo

StoryModeGameplay.png.9f0acd48225feae901125aecee02dd84.png

I understand what you say, the survival factor is really what makes 7 days so unique. However, don't you think it would be good to have a reason to survive, the hope of reuniting with your family, or of finding a cure, perhaps even of defeating bad communities?

26 minutes ago, superppolo said:

I understand what you say, the survival factor is really what makes 7 days so unique. However, don't you think it would be good to have a reason to survive, the hope of reuniting with your family, or of finding a cure, perhaps even of defeating bad communities?

I think that's what we will have when they add a story with the Duke before gold.  But we haven't had a story up to this point and people put in more hours into playing this game than they likely ever put into any other game other than perhaps MMO games.  That suggests that a story really isn't needed.  It would definitely be nice, even if I only ever went through the story one time.  But not really necessary and quickly boring as you play more and more new games.

I am a lover of RPGs.  I love deep and interesting story lines and side stories.  I'll read really long dialogs and back stories.  I enjoy those.  I'm never opposed to having a story in a game.  Some games that works better in than others, and some games just really don't need any story.  This game can benefit a little from a story just to at least give you background on exactly what happened to cause the devastation and zombies.  But that story will quickly be ignored after one or two games, no matter how good it is.  And, honestly, I think it'll probably be a pretty barebones story.  I'm not expecting much from them.

What I could suggest, if you are personally interested in creating story lines for this game, would be to make a variety of different stories and tie them to specific maps that you make available (or work with someone who makes maps) so that when people play one of these unique maps, they'll get a unique story to go with it.  That's where you can get something interesting going, though it means making a lot of different stories.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Riamus said:

I think that's what we will have when they add a story with the Duke before gold.  But we haven't had a story up to this point and people put in more hours into playing this game than they likely ever put into any other game other than perhaps MMO games.  That suggests that a story really isn't needed.  It would definitely be nice, even if I only ever went through the story one time.  But not really necessary and quickly boring as you play more and more new games.

I am a lover of RPGs.  I love deep and interesting story lines and side stories.  I'll read really long dialogs and back stories.  I enjoy those.  I'm never opposed to having a story in a game.  Some games that works better in than others, and some games just really don't need any story.  This game can benefit a little from a story just to at least give you background on exactly what happened to cause the devastation and zombies.  But that story will quickly be ignored after one or two games, no matter how good it is.  And, honestly, I think it'll probably be a pretty barebones story.  I'm not expecting much from them.

What I could suggest, if you are personally interested in creating story lines for this game, would be to make a variety of different stories and tie them to specific maps that you make available (or work with someone who makes maps) so that when people play one of these unique maps, they'll get a unique story to go with it.  That's where you can get something interesting going, though it means making a lot of different stories.

I think you're right, although I have a lot of ideas about how the arts in the game, like the posters on the merchants, some billboards, could all revolve around a story and that would be incredible.

But I researched and there is even a mod that creates a story, I will play it, but it would be cool to be able to play it on a big server.

Thank you for your time in this conversation, if anyone, one day, finds it viable to have this story in the game, please make it happen.

@Riamus

I am a lover of RPGs.  I love deep and interesting story lines and side stories.  I'll read really long dialogs and back stories.  I enjoy those.  I'm never opposed to having a story in a game. 

I totally agree. When I play I like being involved to the point the everything else melts away temporarily, its cathartic.

@superppolo

Yes, especially in an open world environment like this. A lot of my posts, from years passed, are now archived. Even now the underlying desire I have is being driven to

not only play the cities, but be able to rebuild the cities. One of the mods that made it close for me was and still is Medieval mod.  🤘Then you add sorcery mod to that and

im a kid in a candy shop. In my posts i've always eluded toward this conclusion. Just needs cohesion, or ties that bind, for it to work completely.  I mix aspects of present

and past mods for my game plays to get as close to that as possible.

The picture was only to give an idea, of my impression. Basically how do you keep everything else and not compress it into the linear standard of traditional story mode.

Here is a potential story, that might not have to condense play-ability.

The Duke of Navesgane,

You have seen him often, in his clones. Trader Joel, and the Lumberjacks.
He has taken over this region, his sole goal is chaos and world acknowledgement.
You are an unwitting recruit. He was formulating data to create soldiers, then it
happened WWIII.

You in fact are a clone. You died the day the bombs dropped. You were the first
successful experiment. But unfortunately, you rebirth coincided with that fateful day.
The tower and its staff all perished, but the experiments survived, and so did the
automated incubation machinery. It's still on and every 168 hours new batches complete
their incubation period and are released.

These abominations possess only the most basic instincts and needs. Mainly the need to
feed. Sound familiar. This is only one of the government sanctioned facilities around
the world.

There is no news, from the outside. The planes are automated drones. Controlled by the
Duke. The Duke is the first self aware AI. The Duke started the war to create material
samples for his experiments. He wants to feel, to see, to breathe, he will then be complete

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain.

On 12/13/2023 at 3:30 AM, 4sheetzngeegles said:

Here is a potential story, that might not have to condense play-ability.

*snip*

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain.

That was a really cool intro, even if we never see it.  The last line sold me!  Great read!