Players vending machines...

Dysnomia

Yeah, so I bought one from the trader, intending to put it outside my base, but I don't seem to be able to put stuff in it. Am I just being a bit slow tonight?
Holding E comes up with a Lock/code/trade option, and trade just shows me an empty machine with an option to collect the dukes or empty it completely (while it's empty).
I know I'm missing something, but...
Come on, help a noob out guys. ;)

32 minutes ago, Dysnomia said:

Yeah, so I bought one from the trader, intending to put it outside my base, but I don't seem to be able to put stuff in it. Am I just being a bit slow tonight?
Holding E comes up with a Lock/code/trade option, and trade just shows me an empty machine with an option to collect the dukes or empty it completely (while it's empty).

Lol you place things in it you don't want any more or need and sell it to the invisible npc or other players if on a server

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Dysnomia said:

It has been a while since I've used one, but I believe you can easily add stuff to it by holding shift and clicking on the items just like you would when transferring to a normal container.

16 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Lol you place things in it you don't want any more or need and sell it to the invisible npc or other players if on a server

Do the machines you buy sell to NPCs now? I thought only rented ones work for that, and bought ones can only sell to other players.