Grafiti and Blood Splatters

HB_H4wk

46 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

How about some Graffiti to add to walls, along with some blood splatters and bloody drag marks.

Yes yes yes! and also: i dont think they can do a "paint overlay" of this (because they cant add more textures, due to unity limitation,i have read) so i think it would have to be "as blocks" like the "flat letters" the game has (a block with the graphics as "flat" on only one side of the block). It would be super cool if they could do it with some transparency (or just careful manipulation of the graphic) so you can see through it at a lot of places. Like "a bloody handprint with splayed fingers and then drips/drags down the wall raggedly" so you can see the colors/textures of the block under/behind it.

Also: hey if this is the way (via blocks), why not add severed 3D body parts like "just a hand" or "a shoe with a foot in it" or something as additional "people were here" decor! Walkijg down a swmewer tunnel and just seeing bloody dragged handprints, then about 5 more blocks a single severed hand and a bloody drag mark Might be a nice touch.

They could be like a "spray paint" ( like a user places them), but unless its vanilla you couldnt have POis have them easily built in as it would have to replace an existing block (like those groups that randomly choose from a list of blocks, like the trash groups would work) but they  couldn't be built/baked into a POI scene (like a yellow locked room of corpses, zeds, and all hand prints all together)?

2 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Any info on how to do that? Also is it possible to make them server side?

its just a regular block setup, but the mesh is a plane and uses a png or transparent texture, similar to making a poster for the game. probably this days could be better done with another shader setup. cant be server only if uses something external to the game files afaik.

I think the biggest problem is the fact that the game is voxel based, therefore having a decal projector would not really fix the voxel grid... Maybe have it as multi-voxel block. But definitely would add more to the realism. It kinda hurts the feeling of being real when you see those weird skulls composed of triangles and cubes.

well you should most likely check out XYTH's tutorials, he has some base unity project file for people with most needed things to get started. maybe join GUPPY's modding discord where people share info about modding. that should get you started.