No announcment outside of Social Media for the new game, Bloodmoons.

pApA^LeGBa

8 hours ago, Matt115 said:

I mean dead like low number of players.

Dead is a very relative term, and nowadays it seems that if a game isn't on the top of the charts, it's a candidate for the "dead game" label. 

There was so much done to Friday the 13th to kill it (buggy mess, no new content, dedicated servers shut down, account hacking on console, etc) yet to this day you can easily find lobbies on console. It's hard for me to consider a game like that as dead. The PC version, on the other hand, is so filled with hackers that it's just not even worth playing. Is it dead in terms of developer support? Yes. But for player base numbers? No. 

Evil Dead though is dead. F13 has been going for 6 years, and it only took a few months after release for Evil Dead queue times to become a problem. 

And PUBG is far from dead. In the US it might not be as popular but it is always in the top 10 on Steam. And who knows how well it's doing on console. I know my cousin has no problems getting games on the Xbox here in the US. 

18 hours ago, Roland said:

So TFP’s game might end up like PUBG due to everyone copying their gameplay and that makes it high risk?

PUBG has made 9 billion dollars so if that is your idea of the downside of a risky venture then they should definitely go for it….lol.

End up defated by competition who copied they idea buy more powerful companies - Warzone one after all.

But  you don't expect such scale :) dayz was very popular game while PUBG is just evolution of it.  Here you can expecte niche like Song of conquest.

Capcome had simliar idea and... failed. It was kinda good game but fast became repetive when players learn Meta :  Resident Evil: Resistance | Resident Evil Wiki | Fandom

So if Capcome failed then... it will be harder for indie studio to do it much better.

So by success i mean here  a little bit more that production cost.   Then "bigger" company make similiar game using famouse franchise - LOL, Overwatch mode you know what i mean. Then a lot of players start to Bloodmoon for such IP.  Bloodmoon slowly dying and after 2 - 3 since release of this "bigger IP game" is dead. This second game survive just 2-3 years longer and that's all. another dead gender of games like Classic RTS or helicopters simulators

14 hours ago, Arez said:

Dead is a very relative term, and nowadays it seems that if a game isn't on the top of the charts, it's a candidate for the "dead game" label. 

There was so much done to Friday the 13th to kill it (buggy mess, no new content, dedicated servers shut down, account hacking on console, etc) yet to this day you can easily find lobbies on console. It's hard for me to consider a game like that as dead. The PC version, on the other hand, is so filled with hackers that it's just not even worth playing. Is it dead in terms of developer support? Yes. But for player base numbers? No. 

Evil Dead though is dead. F13 has been going for 6 years, and it only took a few months after release for Evil Dead queue times to become a problem. 

And PUBG is far from dead. In the US it might not be as popular but it is always in the top 10 on Steam. And who knows how well it's doing on console. I know my cousin has no problems getting games on the Xbox here in the US. --

It's pretty  subjective. In theory - players peaks thought time : DBD VS F13. Yet other hand?  It can be consider that F13 never supposed to be trying be better that DBD and go one and one

9 hours ago, Matt115 said:

End up defated by competition who copied they idea buy more powerful companies

9 Billion Dollars Matt.

The only reason more powerful companies would copy the gameplay and "defeat" the game is because it becomes wildly popular and makes gobs and gobs of money. So yes the game could get ripped off by other companies and the market could get flooded by clones but how is that defeat? That is Success with a multi-billion dollar royalty attached. PUBG might be yesterday's news and on the decline due to all the competition that eventually jumped on its bandwagon but so what? The devs certainly expected that the game would eventually run its course. They know that the huge past popularity will fuel the future fervor for a PUBG2.

No, I don't agree that winding up like PUBG is any kind of failure that Illogica/ TFP is risking by putting out Bloodmoons. To end up like PUBG Bloodmoons will have to first reach the kind of popularity that causes AAA studio execs to take notice and push resources into making a clone. By that time it will already count as a win no matter what happens in the end.

10 hours ago, Matt115 said:

End up defated by competition who copied they idea buy more powerful companies - Warzone one after all.

PUBG is doing just fine. It has not been defeated at all. It is the 5th highest selling game in the history of video games. It has over 100k players on Steam right now. It's number 4 on the list. Call of Duty (Warzone + the multiplayer) isn't even in the top 10, with less than 50k players. Yes, COD is also bigger on console and has their own PC launcher as well, but PUBG does pretty well on console too. 

10 hours ago, Matt115 said:

So if Capcome failed then... it will be harder for indie studio to do it much better.

I seriously doubt Capcom really cared much at all about Resistance. It was simply an add-on to pad the content of the RE3 remake. 

On 11/2/2023 at 5:24 AM, Roland said:

9 Billion Dollars Matt.

The only reason more powerful companies would copy the gameplay and "defeat" the game is because it becomes wildly popular and makes gobs and gobs of money. So yes the game could get ripped off by other companies and the market could get flooded by clones but how is that defeat? That is Success with a multi-billion dollar royalty attached. PUBG might be yesterday's news and on the decline due to all the competition that eventually jumped on its bandwagon but so what? The devs certainly expected that the game would eventually run its course. They know that the huge past popularity will fuel the future fervor for a PUBG2.

No, I don't agree that winding up like PUBG is any kind of failure that Illogica/ TFP is risking by putting out Bloodmoons. To end up like PUBG Bloodmoons will have to first reach the kind of popularity that causes AAA studio execs to take notice and push resources into making a clone. By that time it will already count as a win no matter what happens in the end.

Yes 9 Bilion Dollars. And what? this totaly not a point. Defeated in meaning that most players changed game. Well in pretty short period of time ( check how much time had passed between games like TF2 and overwatch. 

i didn't wrote that PUGB is Failure : it was example how trends is working and how bigger companies probably will "takover " players.

Bloodmoon won't earn such money Roland. It will be good if manage to pay off itself. By popularity here i don't even consider sold copies / highest number of players in this same time but how loud it will be in media. So : Capcom failed. Well we can agree about that. So if  there will be game that will at least Pay off production cost then... it will be interesting enough to make spin off for games like LoL using such idea. Which will takeover players from Bloodmoon (live services games need money, people don't spend money if game is dying so devs don't have money to make content so game dying even more - loop). But not because it will be better game but.. LoL IP.  So - it will be enough to "kill" bloodmoon and shortly after this LoL IP game