Crossover cable multiplayer

bennyf0521

Dose anyone know if it is capable to play multiplayer through a crossover cable?

my husband and I LOVE 7D2D, but are recently finding ourselves with unreliable internet connection. Dose anyone know if you can connect 2 computers directly and be able to play multiplayer? 

if not…..  Fun Pimps!!!!!!! ( I LOVE YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!).  Would it be possible to make this possible??

2 minutes ago, bennyf0521 said:

Dose anyone know if it is capable to play multiplayer through a crossover cable?

my husband and I LOVE 7D2D, but are recently finding ourselves with unreliable internet connection. Dose anyone know if you can connect 2 computers directly and be able to play multiplayer? 

if not…..  Fun Pimps!!!!!!! ( I LOVE YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!).  Would it be possible to make this possible??

Glad you both are loving the game!

So, what you're describing isn't very common and you need specific network cards to use those. If you do, to be honest I'm not sure on-hand how you would go about it. But this game also works over LAN as well, as long as you have port forwarding done properly (may not be needed). If one of you has a strong computer (or if you have a spare computer), you can run the dedicated server built into the game folder as well for LAN play.

Holy heck I didn’t expect anyone to reply so quick!     So one of us is really good with computer and one of us ( totally not me! ) knows nothing ( okay yeah it’s me).  But are you talking about having a computer run a server?   How would one go about that with little to no internet.

2 hours ago, bennyf0521 said:

You can do this, and you don't need a crossover cable. Any nic built in the last 15 years automatically recognizes a direct connection.
You have to give each machine a manual IP though because it won't have access to a DHCP server. So, one machine can be:

192.168.1. 5 and the other 192.168.1.6 and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet, and you should be able to connect.

All that said though, if you are connected to the same switch/router/hub with your ethernet cables, you should not have an issue

connecting.

Also, Steam's gonna have to be in Offline mode. Dunno if that works with the XBL version though.

14 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

You can do this, and you don't need a crossover cable. Any nic built in the last 15 years automatically recognizes a direct connection.
You have to give each machine a manual IP though because it won't have access to a DHCP server. So, one machine can be:

192.168.1. 5 and the other 192.168.1.6 and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet, and you should be able to connect.

All that said though, if you are connected to the same switch/router/hub with your ethernet cables, you should not have an issue

connecting.

Also, Steam's gonna have to be in Offline mode. Dunno if that works with the XBL version though.

Thank you guys so much!   We will try it out!!!