Mini Horde Quest

OneManStanding

I enjoy the infestation quest a LOT, but I'd like to see another quest - one that sends you to a POI and has you defend it from a horde. Like the other quests they increase in level and difficulty, number of zombies and number of waves. Maybe there's something in the POI that the zombies want to destroy that you have to protect. Or maybe you just need to defeat the incoming zombies and simply still be alive come the end of the Quest. In any event, the building resets when you start the quest and you have two or three minutes before the Horde starts. This would throw you into a raw Horde situation in a random POI and limit the type of fortifications you could set up.

Spoiler

There is a defense style quest that is commented out in the A21 code.  You can see it in the list of the available quests and there is actually a reference to a test defense quest that was there at one point.  Not sure if that aligns with what you are thinking - or even if it gets implemented, but they are working on something

Hey that is a really cool idea, I like it very much!

"Fight off the horde at location XYZ" would be a great addition to the already existing types.

lower tier quests could even spawn hordes outside on plain ground to keep difficulty low,

and higher tier ones the quest activation marker could be on maybe 3rd floor, and then they come storming from all sides.

Really, I do like it!!!

34 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

...and higher tier ones the quest activation marker could be on maybe 3rd floor, and then they come storming from all sides...

Like those crisis moments in Left 4 Dead when you need to stop and defend a spot whilst a door opens or a lift is on it's way kind of thing. Different locations in big POIs could be the setting for one of these quests - you need to fight the horde but can't leave the reception area of the hospital.