is it possible to COPY (make a prefab) from a current server game?

7daysOfFun

If you can get to the World files, the Game's "Editing Tools" includes the "World Editor." It is possible to use that tool, make a selection around a POI, and export it to your LocalPrefabs folder. Then you can use the Prefab Editor to mess with it all you like.

4 hours ago, zztong said:

If you can get to the World files, the Game's "Editing Tools" includes the "World Editor." It is possible to use that tool, make a selection around a POI, and export it to your LocalPrefabs folder. Then you can use the Prefab Editor to mess with it all you like.

its not possible in an easier way? in the a21 youtube stream video i have seen a green circle he used (to form landscape)

my idea was this: when i play on my server , i press a button, then the green circle opens, i place it around the building and a "menu coud appear"

like> save it to: server directory x, please make a name for the file

then i look per ftp on my server and there a directory "saved poios" and then it in it

the same for editing..its possible to make a directory on the server "extra pois" then i coud open the green circle when i play, i choose the poi/house, press insert, then he asks "is the height ok?" i say yes, and i coud immediately play this poi

like the way i build a house on my map or i import the house as "live action"

i mean this circle (at 1.35.29)

3 hours ago, Cernwn said:

Yes, you will need to be an admin on the server, or ask an admin to send you a copy of the world files. Highly recommend this post from Genosis at Not-A-Gamer-Gaming - lil dated but should still be applicable with latest build:

i have tried to edit this last time...i loaded the buildings in the map, placed it all ok (the high and low was a little tricky but ok)

then i placed a building near a mountain, the game decided to cut a little from the mountain while placing...that was not ok for me, then i wanted a "undo button"...but iv not found it..that was frustating...i dont want to save the map every time a make a little change (in 1hour work i must save 100xtimes..thats not the point)^^ lol

11 hours ago, 7daysOfFun said:

its not possible in an easier way?

That's the way I know. If there's an easier way then I'd love to learn it too.

11 hours ago, 7daysOfFun said:

i have seen a green circle he used (to form landscape)

That's the terrain tool. It cannot help you export POIs.