Trader Voice when closing

Metabee0530

Traitor Joel's is a company like walmart or target.

Jen's compound is part of Traitor Joel's company, not a separate company named Traitor Jen's. So the closing announcement says "Traitor Joel's" like Walmart's closing says "walmart" and not "the walmart in dallas managed by bob reed".

1 hour ago, Melange said:

And if you've not figured it out yet, that voice belongs to Madmole (Joel Heunink). Overseer of all trading posts and other important stuff related to the game (since he's one of the game's co-founders).

Er, not literally. While Traitor Joel bears a visual resemblance to Madmole, they hired a voice actor to record the lines. I believe one guy voiced all the male traders (and for a time, out of necessity, the female one too :)).

4 hours ago, Metabee0530 said:

well all i say is i want to hear the different voice cause you can hear them, its always says trader joel is closing soon even tho he's not there hahaha

It doesn't say trader joel is closing soon. It says traitor joel's (the name of the store) is closing soon.

Trader joel is not present at every traitor joel's store at closing time, just like the owner of the walmart franchise is not present at every walmart store at closing time.

14 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

Er, not literally. While Traitor Joel bears a visual resemblance to Madmole, they hired a voice actor to record the lines. I believe one guy voiced all the male traders (and for a time, out of necessity, the female one too :)).

Well then. Admittedly it's been a while since I've heard Madmole speak in a video, but for the life of me I always thought it was Joel who recorded the opening and closing announcements for the Trader (because he could). The voice actor is talented though. Must be that drawl regional to the border regions Texas shares with Arizona. 🙂

Edited by Melange (see edit history)