Problem extending XP progression in Settings

The game offers a slider of up to 300% experience, and on our private server we decided that wasn't enough to satisfy everyone's desire to progress at a faster rate, and so I learned how to change the values of the slider to go up to 500 and even 1000%. But users reported that after changing this setting in their game, there was a corresponding increase in the xp needed to reach the next level, effectively wiping out their increased progression. I doesn't matter if you get 1000 times more xp per kill  if it takes you 1000  times more xp to level.

Is it possible to raise the amount of xp given per award to one of these higher percentages, while simultaneously keeping the existing amounts needed to levell up?

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

How did you change the slider values?

Experience required per level is set by the progression xml file so as long as you are not changing that, it shouldn't change the level of progression

<level max_level="300" exp_to_level="10000" experience_multiplier="1.05" skill_points_per_level="1" clamp_exp_cost_at_level="60">
<!-- Note: max_level is referenced in buffNearDeathTraumaXXX and entityclasses -->
<!-- XP to complete the current level will cap out at 2^32/2. (lvl 252 in A18) -->
</level>

You change the slider values by going into the XUI_Menus folder, opening the Windows.xml file, and then searching for the THREE locations where the slider values appear. You can search on XPMultiplier to find them. The last 3 entries are something like 175, 300, 600, I forget, but the last 3 I know start with 175. Just change those 3 values to whatever you want. You could for example change them to 600, 2000, 5000, and those values will actually show up in the pregame sliders before every session, as 600%, 2000% and 5000%. It's wild but will really thrown things off if you go too far off the deep end.

Edited by Apocalyptical Survivor (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

You change the slider values by going into the XUI_Menus folder, opening the Windows.xml file, and then searching for the THREE locations where the slider values appear. You can search on XPMultiplier to find them. The last 3 entries are something like 175, 300, 600, I forget, but the last 3 I know start with 175. Just change those 3 values to whatever you want. You could for example change them to 600, 2000, 5000, and those values will actually show up in the pregame sliders before every session, as 600%, 2000% and 5000%. It's wild but will really thrown things off if you go too far off the deep end.

You don't have to replace, you can add to them. Example:  If 175, 300, 600 you can make it 175, 300, 600, 750, 1000, 1200

That would just add the other to the menu with the original numbers.

11 hours ago, Apocalyptical Survivor said:

Ah, nice to know, thanks. Although I ultimately shied away from going that far. My group was happy just having 10 pts per skill level and the stock 300% xp modifier. Seems like a very satisfying pace.

lol I was using the numbers as an example like you did. Yours were actually higher than mine :)I was just pointing out that you could add to it instead of replacing.

The numbers could be most any number as far as I know but I usually keep mine nearer to the original.

I have sometimes added both lower and higher numbers to the menus

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)